LsL Guitars

What's Hot
Looks like Peach have got some new Roasted Run LsL in. I think they look stunning in the pics. 

Would love to play one! 

Anyone played a LSL? Anyone report what they are like v Suhr and Fenders?

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/lsl-bad-bone-2-roasted-run-desoto-blue.htm

http://www.peachguitars.com/search.php?q=lsl&search-submit= 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• master built quality. Looks like everything is made by hand. 
  • I haven't tried any :)  

But I remember maybe 5ish years ago watching a lot of vids, when they were giving each guitar they made a girl's name (are they still doing that?), and there was something going on that made me look out for more vids.

Couldn't identify what that was if you put a gun to my head but it was there, and I'm not a Fender player.

Go back and find the LSL vids from before they were called Saticoy and whatever the T-style one is called. There's at least one where the owner keeps saying "Strat er I mean Saticoy" that was funny.

But it's the Tele style ones from back then I'm talking about, just something cool AF in the sound of those guitars.
  • Yeah the teles look superb. 

this is a great vid

• Fantastic- love em
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    My LSL made me clear out my Fender CS guitars.

Its the main guitar I play now.
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    There must be something in the air - I just logged on to ask exactly the same question! They do look bloody good I have to say, but Peach are a bit far away for me to just pop down for a quick look  :/
  • Haha, I have just moved house and I’m now 3 hours drive to get too peach! I’m in the same boat. They look great. Attention to detail and built quality on paper looks unmatched. You are paying for what you get that’s for sure. I would love a roasted maple neck tele or strat. 
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 919
    edited December 2018
    The ones I have played have been fantastic. Poor resale value if that’s important to you.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 996

Love th contrast between the humbucker & single coils.  If I had the money, I would go for a HSS like this...in daphne blue it would look even better!
  • they look great
  • Love the idea of the Roasted body and neck but thought the arm wear was a bit amateurish on of them is an almost an almost ruler like wear pattern. I still want to try one of their Strats.

Mines called Charli and is sea foam green

https://imgur.com/a/67OwkNG
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2411
    Yeah, I've played one, a good well built guitar....however I based my impressions on the fact that my mate paid £1399 for it used. It was a T-Bone...masterbuilt quality? Maybe not,but certainly up there with the regular teambuilt variety FCS. Like has been said before they don't have a huge following over here and thus get caned on resale. Expect to lose 45% should you buy new.
  • The only time I ever saw a used one on sale was like 5 years ago on ebay. A Carl Verheyen signature... Either they're not selling or people are keeping them.
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 919
    @PauleyWalnuts might have one for sale 
  • Strat54 said:
    Yeah, I've played one, a good well built guitar....however I based my impressions on the fact that my mate paid £1399 for it used. It was a T-Bone...masterbuilt quality? Maybe not,but certainly up there with the regular teambuilt variety FCS. Like has been said before they don't have a huge following over here and thus get caned on resale. Expect to lose 45% should you buy new.
    How old was the t bone?

not sure if there standards have gone up through the years but it looks like the instruments are even better from before.

whats @peachguitarsdotcom thoughts on lsl guitars? How do they compare with the like of fender, xotic and suhr? In playability, consistently and mojo?

I watched your strat vid comparing some of the brands and I preferred the sound of xotic and lsl. But pickups have a lot to do with that.

i guess when you reach this level of guitar it’s personal taste and every guitar feels different,

there was a clip in there where I think you said if you would be super confident in ordering a Suhr as a custom order knowing it’s going to play and feels like every Suhr. Same for lsl? 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9618
    edited December 2018
    Dean,

A few years ago during my Strat search, I literally played guitars all over the country as I travelled through work...

The LSLs were all consistent and I really liked the quality of them all, and loved the light relicing on them. They were way above average compared to a lot of others. Think high-end CS or Masterbuilt maybe...

Like many left-of-centre builders, they do take a kick on resale. I'd try a few at Peach, and Guitar Guitar used to do them too.
  • Nice one!

out of interest what did you end up with?

yeah need to go and try a few
  • I ended up with a lovely Fender '56 CS Strat, and later on a '63 Masterbuilt :)

I spoke to John quite a bit before taking the LSL.

I wanted HSS so looked at Xotic as well and John said the LSL was more Fender vibe and Xotic was more modern and closer to Suhr.

Resale is all relative.

Teambuilt Fender CS is now £3-3.5 and will get you back £2-2.5 and the LSL is £2.5 so if you get £1.5 both cost you £1000.

But you’re probably getting better than teambuilt and not a million miles off master built.