LsL Guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2410
    Strat54 said:
    Yeah, I've played one, a good well built guitar....however I based my impressions on the fact that my mate paid £1399 for it used. It was a T-Bone...masterbuilt quality? Maybe not,but certainly up there with the regular teambuilt variety FCS. Like has been said before they don't have a huge following over here and thus get caned on resale. Expect to lose 45% should you buy new.
    How old was the t bone?

not sure if there standards have gone up through the years but it looks like the instruments are even better from before.

It was a 2014 and £1399 was price from a guitar shop btw.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    Spent a pleasant hour at Sound Affects Premier in Ormskirk this morning playing a handful of Teles from Fender, Fender CS, Suhr and Suhr Custom. The Suhrs, especially the Custom, were a step on from the Fender Custom Shop that I tried.

Apparently, LSL are more "Fendery" than Suhr - anyone care to shed any light on what this means? I still can't get the LSLs out of my mind though...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9410
    I played a pine lsl at Peach with twin tv Jones a few months ago. Really nothing special at all in my view,
    If I buy Fender it’s custom shop. In my view, lsl don’t come close. I also tried a smitty at Peach that was like a partscaster.
    On the other hand, xotic or suhr, while different, are pretty special if you can get over not having a fender logo and head shape.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78 said:
    I played a pine lsl at Peach with twin tv Jones a few months ago. Really nothing special at all in my view,
    If I buy Fender it’s custom shop. In my view, lsl don’t come close. I also tried a smitty at Peach that was like a partscaster.
    On the other hand, xotic or suhr, while different, are pretty special if you can get over not having a fender logo and head shape.
    How many lsl’s did you play? 
    How many Suhr’s? Fenders or xotic did you play?
  • At the risk of being the only dissenting voice - I played a used one in a dealer’s some years ago and thought it distinctly ‘average’. Quite heavy and ‘agricultural’ feeling. It may be that they’ve improved since then - but that example was not in the ‘Team Built’ CS league....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9410
    chris78 said:
    How many lsl’s did you play? 
    How many Suhr’s? Fenders or xotic did you play?
    I normally spend half a day in Peach when I’m guitar buying. I’ve played literally hundreds of cs guitars and nowhere near that amount of the lsls, xotic or suhr. Smitty was literally one guitar, but Peach have a fair few of the others. Can’t remember what they’re called, but Peach used to do a cheaper relic range with Lollar pickups. They were nice. Better than the lsl stuff in my view