H7 Road Trip

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14592
    Looking at the relevant photograph, the replacement nut is a gnat's narrower than the width of the neck wood. (Not fatal.) Get the slotting files out.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As for my other port of call...I've often wondered re. the quality of stuff from Alan George (primarily sells Rebon/Aiersi, etc stuff on Facebook) and as I was in the area, I dropped him a line and asked if I could call in.

Really nice guy. I tried a few guitars (including some LPs) and ended up coming away with these two boxes below...and no...they weren't empty!

Two Jazzmaster-ish jobs with bound/block fingerboards - one in metallic pink and another in gold. Nice weight, played great, sounded good and, at £75 each, what's not to like as a modding platform?

I’ve often wondered about these too, they almost seem too good to be true for the price. I’m just up the road from Melksham (Chippenham) so may take a punt at some point. You’ll have to keep us updated with any mods you do
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    markslade07 said:

I’ve often wondered about these too, they almost seem too good to be true for the price. I’m just up the road from Melksham (Chippenham) so may take a punt at some point. You’ll have to keep us updated with any mods you do
    All I can say is drop him a line and go check some out...definitely worth a look. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    pmg said:
    JerkMoans said:
    pmg said:
    I feel like this premisecould make an entertaining tv series
    A sort of ‘Lovejoy’ spin off
    Yes!
    Who would be Tinker?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Do the pickups on the Jolana sound as monstrous as they look?
    Sassafras said:
    Do the pickups on the Jolana sound as monstrous as they look?
    Update to follow ASAP! ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14455
    tFB Trader
    looking forward to more info H - See you at Brum Show I assume late Feb
    Actually, Mark...I'll be (permanently) giving it a miss from now on (unless someone convinces me otherwise) - it's just not my cup of tea - not enough weird old tat! :(
    KNowing the gear you like then I can see why - I'll post info ref other shows on my web site and via FB as and when so keep in touch and see you soon

Looks like you enjoyed the trip around the Bath area etc

Knowing the gear you like then I can see why - I'll post info ref other shows on my web site and via FB as and when so keep in touch and see you soon

Looks like you enjoyed the trip around the Bath area etc
    Cheers!

Re. Bath - Yup - was a good day out. :)

Looking at the relevant photograph, the replacement nut is a gnat's narrower than the width of the neck wood. (Not fatal.) Get the slotting files out.
    Indeed.

Files located and will shortly be deployed... ;)

• JerkMoans said:
    pmg said:
    I feel like this premisecould make an entertaining tv series
    A sort of ‘Lovejoy’ spin off
    YouTube  B)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nut now sorted - I’ll fit the correct size one next time I change the strings, but for now, intonation is fine. :)