Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What is the ultimate bedroom guitar?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4106
    One where the G string keeps falling off? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    You can wang one of those rubber cover thingees in the sound hole, feedback suppressor

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Planet-Waves-Screeching-Halt-Soundhole-Plug/KJN
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Or stuff some jumpers in it when the weather improves :)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    For the acoustic/electric combination I'm not aware of anything that beats the Taylor T5 stuff. But they're a horrible halfway house solution that honestly isn't as good as a proper electric or proper acoustic. 

Personally, I play probably 80% split between acoustic and unplugged electric, and about on electric 20% through an amp or headphones (via shitloads of pedals).

The best bedroom guitar is whatever inspires you to pick it up and play - that's the whole point
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3397
    robgilmo said:
    Do you guys actually play in bedrooms? How do you get that one past the missus without waking up the kids?
    Modeller + headphones
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    For the acoustic/electric combination I'm not aware of anything that beats the Taylor T5 stuff. But they're a horrible halfway house solution that honestly isn't as good as a proper electric or proper acoustic.
    Fender HMT Telecaster from the 1990s. Still the best acoustic-electric hybrid I’ve ever played.

The Godins do as well in my opinion.

I hated the necks on all of them - wide and thin. It’s odd that three very different guitars should have the same problem, maybe it’s assumed to be something that an acoustic-electric player would want?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    ICBM said:
    Fender HMT Telecaster from the 1990s. Still the best acoustic-electric hybrid I’ve ever played.

The Godins do as well in my opinion.

I hated the necks on all of them - wide and thin. It’s odd that three very different guitars should have the same problem, maybe it’s assumed to be something that an acoustic-electric player would want?
    Yeah, I think it's probably that manufacturers assume it's the widdly crowd who want these guitars, since people who like bigger necked guitars are probably more old school and prefer to use a real acoustic. 

I know what you mean about necks though. I've discounted the idea of buying half the market because so many guitars seem to suffer from "generic asian neck syndrome" 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Robgilmo - yes I do play in a bedroom. Bedroom 2 is my wife’s sewing room, bedroom 3 is my study. No kids and a 3 bed house. The need to be quiet is because my long suffering wife got seriously fed up at my inept attempts at Hotel California....
    Tonight I’m going to look at a Gibson ES339, owned by a friend.
  • Surely a Line 6 JTV variax would cover all bases in the bedroom?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    My Squier Strat is the one I use the most, as its the most comfortable to play when sitting down.
  • Surely a Line 6 JTV variax would cover all bases in the bedroom?
    I've already suggested that.  I have a JTV 69 and its a great guitar.  They only problem is that since i have had it its made me want to get a Telecaster and a 335 so win fact it just increases the GAS.  However pair a JTV with a TRH10 and you can have endless fun.

• Something in a nice quilt should do you.
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent