New Strymon...

What's Hot

Comments

• sgosden said:
    sgosden said:

damn. now I really want one.

Why oh why does every demo so far skip the saving and calling up of presets via midi? I mean there are 300 of them apparently that can be had.

There won't be 300 individual presets already made, I imagine they just mean there's 300 slots to store your own favourites
    Yeah I get that but how does one save them and call them up again ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosden said:

damn. now I really want one.

Why oh why does every demo so far skip the saving and calling up of presets via midi? I mean there are 300 of them apparently that can be had. What's occurring? :(
    When I get mine and do my video, I'll cover this. I wanna know more about the midi side of things too!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Very very tempted by this but I can’t see it being used with the band much. They barely give me time to adjust my delay time on my DD3. If I started asking for feedback about which heads to engage, the degree of mechanical wear and whether to saturate more or less, I’d get a good kicking :-)
    Can see it being a wonderful home relaxation tool 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavis said:
    Very very tempted by this but I can’t see it being used with the band much. They barely give me time to adjust my delay time on my DD3. If I started asking for feedback about which heads to engage, the degree of mechanical wear and whether to saturate more or less, I’d get a good kicking :-)
    This is why the midi presets are important to me 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    mattdavis said:
    Very very tempted by this but I can’t see it being used with the band much. They barely give me time to adjust my delay time on my DD3. If I started asking for feedback about which heads to engage, the degree of mechanical wear and whether to saturate more or less, I’d get a good kicking :-)
    This is why the midi presets are important to me 
    The lack of inbuilt ability to switch presets does seem to be the weakness of this pedal.  You have one sound, plus a favourite, without bending down to use the buttons.

I don't use my Timeline to anything like it's full capabilities, but I do regularly use 3 presets.  The lack of easy switching on this is a weakness. I don't really want to go the MIDI route.

I like the sounds - from what I've heard I might prefer it to the Timeline, but the lack of switching options might mean I don't get one.
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Like others, I’d be all over this if it had some preset switching without MIDI. I’d only use about 2-4 presets and don’t want to get MIDI controller just for this. 
  • You can save & switch presets without midi or an external switch but you do need to use both hands. Its like hold the footswitch & press the mini buttons which you can save one preset per mini button (so thats like 8 you can easy dial up in a live situation just by the mini buttons) & im guessing theres a way to bank
    You can save & switch presets without midi or an external switch but you do need to use both hands. Its like hold the footswitch & press the mini buttons which you can save one preset per mini button (so thats like 8 you can easy dial up in a live situation just by the mini buttons) & im guessing theres a way to bank
    Good to know thanks, maybe it then banks like the Timeline where you press two foot switches together?
  • You can save & switch presets without midi or an external switch but you do need to use both hands. Its like hold the footswitch & press the mini buttons which you can save one preset per mini button (so thats like 8 you can easy dial up in a live situation just by the mini buttons) & im guessing theres a way to bank
    Someone needs to do a video 
    edited February 2019
    @ThorpyFX any ideas on how it banks?

edit: from the manual it looks like you hold down the preset footswitch, and then press the small playback/feedback buttons. I.e you cannot bank with your feet only
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6191
    tFB Trader
    BBBlues said:

edit: from the manual it looks like you hold down the preset footswitch, and then press the small playback/feedback buttons. I.e you cannot bank with your feet only
    Correct! But you can do it with midi PC and CC messages 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited February 2019
    ThorpyFX said:
    BBBlues said:

It’s exactly this that I want to see a video demo of using a midi switcher and the programming of. I’m my case a Boss ES8/5
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    BBBlues said:

It’s exactly this that I want to see a video demo of using a midi switcher abs the programming of. I’m my case a Boss ES8/5
    Why do you need to see a video? It’s the same midi implemtation as anything else. I.e. read the midi implementation tables in the back of the strymon manual. Programme your midi switcher to send the correct messages..... Roberts your dads brother.......
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    BBBlues said:

It’s exactly this that I want to see a video demo of using a midi switcher abs the programming of. I’m my case a Boss ES8/5
    Why do you need to see a video? It’s the same midi implemtation as anything else. I.e. read the midi implementation tables in the back of the strymon manual. Programme your midi switcher to send the correct messages..... Roberts your dads brother.......
    So I would have to physically remember and write down a cc number to ever call that preset up again? Obviously it has no display to reference 
  • Must say - even for the non MIDI’d amongst us if you have 8 presets and the added bonus of some exercise from bending down , then it’s a winner. 
  • mattdavis said:
    Must say - even for the non MIDI’d amongst us if you have 8 presets and the added bonus of some exercise from bending down , then it’s a winner. 
    Lol are you talking yourself further into it ? :)
  • Yep - it looks very inspiring 
  • For me the big thing is no menus. It’s why I liked the Sdd 3000 pedal. You can access everything directly. 
    This also looks like you can set it to do ‘normal’ delay stuff with just one head engaged and then go mental with all sorts of random settings. Very appealing..
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    BBBlues said:

So I would have to physically remember and write down a cc number to ever call that preset up again? Obviously it has no display to reference 
    No. You read the CC implementation code. Programme a switch on the es8 to activate that code. Then once done and saved, every time you press the requisite es8 switch it will activate the  programmed patch.
  • ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    BBBlues said:

No. You read the CC implementation code. Programme a switch on the es8 to activate that code. Then once done and saved, every time you press the requisite es8 switch it will activate the  programmed patch.
    Yeah I get that. That’s what I do now but I have a visual display on my pedals that lets me know what delay I’ve chosen. I guess I’d just have to remember what cc number is for a certain delay etc . Just trying to search for reasons not to get one lol