Low budget, high value

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Gonna throw another in the mix the Vintage VR100LM 
    vintage take on the Les Paul special 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    If we're talking £300 new, last year I got a Vintage V72 and Ibanez ARZ200 goldtop for that price or less each, and both of them are well made, very capable guitars which play really nicely and sound great. Nice rich, clear tones. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    soma1975 said:
    I've got an inexpensive LTD Eclipse - an EC-256. It's really well made with no construction issues at all. The pickups are a bit pish so I think I might stick some Iron Gear ones in there soon. But otherwise it's a great guitar.
    I did this many moons ago and it really brought the guitar to life. Do it do it do it
    Spent quite some time last week adjusting the pickups and the pole-pieces and I've got it sounding pretty great now. So I may leave off the upgrade, for a while.
    They're reasonably good pickups made by G&B Pickup Co. in Korea. I see no reason to change them in my EC-256.

Today, I received 2 Alnico humbuckers bought on a gamble from China for £12.10. I swapped out the Alnico Classic/Classic Plus set in my Epi Standard Les Paul this afternoon and the difference is astonishing.

What I was banking on was getting pretty much the same as the Epi set but without the covers. Not fancying getting covered in wax, I thought I'd take a punt and I'm really happy now. Gone is the Epi darkness.