New Patrick Eggle Macon Jnr (for his NAMM stand, I think)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5425
    What I find odd about this is the concept of taking posh guitars from the UK to NAMM. Seems a bit coals to Newcastle. They aren't short of people who can do that kind of stuff. That's not a criticism of PE it just seems odd to me. 

NAMM is a dealer convention... if you're trying to build your dealer network, why *wouldn't* you bring samples of your best work?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Whitecat said:
    What I find odd about this is the concept of taking posh guitars from the UK to NAMM. Seems a bit coals to Newcastle. They aren't short of people who can do that kind of stuff. That's not a criticism of PE it just seems odd to me. 

NAMM is a dealer convention... if you're trying to build your dealer network, why *wouldn't* you bring samples of your best work?
    But, presumably, primarily American dealers.  They must be up to their knees in builders making delightful expensive electric guitars. Again, not a criticism of PE and yes he would take his best work but it surprises me there is a market for his work there. Maybe someone like JayDee who has clear artist associations and if you want a guitar just like Tony Iommi's that's what you get. 
    Good luck to him and I'll assume he knows his business a lot better than I do but I find it surprising that there is significant business for him there. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Whitecat said:

But, presumably, primarily American dealers.  They must be up to their knees in builders making delightful expensive electric guitars. Again, not a criticism of PE and yes he would take his best work but it surprises me there is a market for his work there. Maybe someone like JayDee who has clear artist associations and if you want a guitar just like Tony Iommi's that's what you get. 
    Good luck to him and I'll assume he knows his business a lot better than I do but I find it surprising that there is significant business for him there. 
    Thing is, it doesn’t need to be that significant in the grand scheme. Patrick employs around 4 people at last count and makes single figure number of guitars each month - I’m sure the population of the USA can find homes for a dozen or so more each year.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5425
    edited January 2019
    He has at least one dealer in the US already so there must be interest...

Beyond that though there will be a lot of roving dealers from third countries that will be there. Look at all the UK dealerships that send contingents - loads of them go. This, presumably happens in other countries too. So he can go to NAMM and cover off all sorts of territories all in one spot, and I bet he can meet suppliers of his own too for components and materials...
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Think I've just been a bit sick. Meh, that is minging.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6151
    tFB Trader
    Whitecat said:

wander around NAMM and you'll see LOADS of guitar makers... however what Patrick is producing is easily amongst some  the best guitars in the world. I own several and Patrick is a good friend of mine. We shared a booth at NAMM last year and will be sharing a bigger booth again this year.

What is clear when dealers etc walked into the booth was that they were all blown away by how good these instruments are, I am also a big fan of NIK HUBERs instruments and the PJE are at the same level. Its easy to think that NAMM visitors are only looking for fender gibson, prs etc.... its just not true. Dealers come from all over the world, they want quality goods and lots want boutique guitars that aren't from those brands...

so is it odd that a company wants to expand its world-wide dealer base?? i think not, its entirely the reason we are going to NAMM......
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited January 2019
    ThorpyFX said:

...so is it odd that a company wants to expand its world-wide dealer base??  I think not, its entirely the reason we are going to NAMM......
    Do you need a hand?  I speak American, so, y'know; could come in handy...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    ThorpyFX said:

...so is it odd that a company wants to expand its world-wide dealer base??  I think not, its entirely the reason we are going to NAMM......
    Do you need a hand?  I speak American, so, y'know; could come in handy...
    lol I tried that tactic with Adrian years ago but to no avail lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/