Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I think Sonos is the shittest thing in the world.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Still hating it, fundamentally. Today I wanted to play guitar along to some songs...the usual 5 minutes cocking around firing up the app, finding the right playlist, getting it to play. It was playing on the phone but not the Sonos. Ah shit, in on the Spotify app, not the Sonos app. Fire up the Sonos app. Find the playlist again. Can't. Why is that? Ah, because that playlist was in my wife's Spotify account, not mine which is not linked to the Sonos account. Ok...search for the song using the search function. Got that playing. Wrong Sonos speaker. Change speaker. Finally. Get the guitar on. Song stops. Now skips to next song for some reason. That songs stops. Put guitar away.

Mother. Fucker.
    It really just sounds like you haven't taken the time to set it up correctly. I have a lodger and we have both of our Spotify and Google Play accounts on it, as well as other services. Just a quick tap of the app and a search for whatever I want to listen to, be it song, album or playlist and it searches across all platforms and plays instantly. It's simply sublime.

About the skipping - are you on iPhone? I get the skipping too, its an IOS issue but because I've got spotify I just stream from there. It will get sorted one day. They recommend turning bluetooth off. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/305#mobiledevice

Sublime, is it? Fucking fuck.

Not on iPhone - android.

It hasn't done the skipping for a while. It prefers to just not play at all.

It really is a hateful shitheap of misery.

How have I not set it up correctly? I mean, it's fucking set up. What do I have to do to make it correct? Fucking sacrifice a goat to the God of cunts?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrgh!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    @gearaddict - think it’s time you joined the big boys class and just got an iPhone - then you too could enjoy the sublime, skip free joy of Spotify and Sonos working in perfect harmony.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • PC_Dave said:
    @gearaddict - think it’s time you joined the big boys class and just got an iPhone - then you too could enjoy the sublime, skip free joy of Spotify and Sonos working in perfect harmony.
    I thought the skipping problem was supposed to be iPhone specific? And my android, obviously.

Can't deal with apple - paying £400 for 10 quids-worth of RAM is just too annoying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    There is something wrong with your technology if a foolproof system like Sonos has problems playing on it. The OS on your phone maybe??????
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Personally I hope you don't get it working seamlessly. Not because I wish you any ill, or that I don't have a great deal of empathy for your situation.
    It's just that reading the updates to this thread makes me feel like my day wasn't actually that bad after all.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11766
    FX_Munkee said:
    Personally I hope you don't get it working seamlessly. Not because I wish you any ill, or that I don't have a great deal of empathy for your situation.
    It's just that reading the updates to this thread makes me feel like my day wasn't actually that bad after all.
    I understand one of the Syrian refugee camps was setting up a Gofundme page, but a Russian air strike took out their internet alongside the hospital tent.

So the OP is doubly unlucky.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    so home tonight fancied some tunes - pulls out iPhone clicks on app and yesssss alabama 3 --- all is good in my world ;)
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    You’re Gordon Ramsay and ICM £5