Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who uses 2 delays on their board?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4103
    Right excellent you've all convinced me I need 2 delays.   {Blows dust off wallet}
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Right excellent you've all convinced me I need 2 delays.   {Blows dust off wallet}
    Congratulations, I knew you'd make the right decision :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    roberty said:
    viz said:
    I use 2 but quite often not together, so I could probably use 1 if it had tap tempo. 

See 2:20

https://youtu.be/8B7hfx8Sgw4
    Bloody hell that modded CE2 is lush

I use blended 4th 5th mode on my whammy a lot too
    Yes, I’m not sure what the mods are - I asked him once but forgot what he said. But probably caps to clean up the floor, and it does have a perceptible volume boost when on, so maybe that’s different from the stock, I don’t know. 

How do you use your 4th/5th whammy setting? I’m not very musical with it - I like the sound but it’s very monochrome when I play it. 

Apols for hijack!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I use two, Big Box DMM (for a wild modulated slap) and a DM-2W (custom mode ambient long delay) I’d like to add my DD-7 but I don’t have the space unless I drop the Neunaber reverb, tough decision. tbh I’m not even sure if I’m using them in the correct way, 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    viz said:
    roberty said:
    viz said:
    I use 2 but quite often not together, so I could probably use 1 if it had tap tempo. 

Yes, I’m not sure what the mods are - I asked him once but forgot what he said. But probably caps to clean up the floor, and it does have a perceptible volume boost when on, so maybe that’s different from the stock, I don’t know. 

How do you use your 4th/5th whammy setting? I’m not very musical with it - I like the sound but it’s very monochrome when I play it. 

Apols for hijack!
    I use it before distortion, for riffing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qun8yzod612bi5r/whammy 4ths 5ths.mp3?dl=0
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    roberty said:
    viz said:
    roberty said:
    viz said:

Apols for hijack!
    I use it before distortion, for riffing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qun8yzod612bi5r/whammy 4ths 5ths.mp3?dl=0
    That sounds awesome. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited January 2019
    I sometimes employ a really convoluted mix of:

Stereo out Delay on my BOSS ME-5 to a Digitech Delay and then again stereo out ( that's now 3 outs) = to another delay in an FX Loop and the other routed to a Cavern dialed Reverb into 3 amps- with reverb onboard!

Wow that takes some controlling - but gives a superb U2-in-the-room sound!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I think it stems from being a huge U2 fan so ... what you going to do.  To my ears using 2 sounds best run in parallel rather than series, but it is more of a ballache to set up.
  • I have a Biyang analog delay (warmest nicest Delay ever) for atmosphere and short delays, into a DD7 with a tap tempo for when the repeat time matters.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I’ve now sold my board and gone Helix. But prior to that I always used two delays. An 1/8 and 1/4 note sound great on clean arpeggiated riffs. I would occasionally use two delays for solo’s and some weirder FX. But yes I’ve always found two delays invaluable. Plus in this day and age it’s cheap to do. Back in the 90’s I used to have to borrow one. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I've got Strymon Timeline (replacing an EH Hazerai) and El Capistan plus a Boss DD-6.

The El Cap does regular delay, the DD-6 now does the reverse delay duties that the Hazerai used to do (but not as well!) whilst the Timeline does weirder stuff and looping. 
    To be honest I would use the Hazerai as well if I had space on my board!
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4103
    I currently only have a TC Electronic Flashback into a TC Electronic HOF Mini.  I can't quite get the 2 delay effect, but it sounds like this quick and dirty demo:

• Bought a cracking DD7 so with that an my TC flashback I'm ready for some dual delay madness.  Now, long into short or short into long? 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Bought a cracking DD7 so with that an my TC flashback I'm ready for some dual delay madness.  Now, long into short or short into long? 
    Try both, but also try long into long...
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Right excellent you've all convinced me I need 2 delays.   {Blows dust off wallet}
    out front and in the loop sounds different too..so you know...maybe you need 4?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Lol I'm sticking with 2 I think both in the loop.