From meh to YEAHHH

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    Kasabian for me..... I found myself thinking ‘ooh I like that one’ when I heard a track on the radio, then finding out that it was them. Only to find this repeating itself quite a few times... I should really buy an album  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rainbow. I can't stand Since You've Been Gone, so assumed they were shite, even though I liked Deep Purple. Last year gave their first two albums a listen, and damn, they are excellent. Man on the Silver Mountain and Catch the Rainbow, total classics. Since then I've listened to more of Dio's solo and Sabbath stuff, all good. Love Dio's Magica album. Still hate Since You've Been Gone, though I realise it's a cover and have yet to listen to any later Rainbow albums.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72716
    Rainbow. I can't stand Since You've Been Gone, so assumed they were shite, even though I liked Deep Purple. Last year gave their first two albums a listen, and damn, they are excellent. Man on the Silver Mountain and Catch the Rainbow, total classics. Since then I've listened to more of Dio's solo and Sabbath stuff, all good. Love Dio's Magica album. Still hate Since You've Been Gone, though I realise it's a cover and have yet to listen to any later Rainbow albums.
    Personally I wouldn't bother. The first three albums with Dio are great - the only other one you need is Long Live Rock 'n' Roll - Down To Earth with Graham Bonnet is half and half, or 3/8 if you don't like Since You've Been Gone, and everything after that is a bit shit...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Amy Winehouse - just didn't get her, then saw a documentary on Sky Arts, and have changed my view somewhat.
  • Converge
    I used to only hear noise and screaming. Now I get it and think they’re brilliant. 
    I appreciate them more and more as I've got older. I always thought they were brilliant but they have grown into such a sonic force.

It's the most explosive aggressive hardcore punk meets metal meets tech I've ever heard. Plus I love how their guitar and bass tones....keeping the guitar clear and middy with loads of dirt and the bass grinding and dirty in the lows like it should be. No guitars that sound like basses.
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Pearl Jam.