Eastman Acoustics - A quick try out

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12367
    I accidentally lol d you on my phone!  Picture link is to a cat though?  

Glad you found something you liked.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5375
    The semi-colon has got included in the URL which buggers up the link.

https://imgur.com/gallery/G2wOnRQ

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    I was looking at a Faith Mars

What would you recommend @Fuengi from what you have played? 

I could afford a Martin 00L17
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Schnozz said:

Had I not needed an electro I would probably have pulled the trigger on the Martin 00L17 Black Smoke. It's so incredibly light and has that sweet tone. The electro version obviously bumps the weight up along with the price.

We pulled out a couple of Faith's, the Neptune was probably our favourite with good bass response and playability for around £450.

If you're looking at Martin prices then you can shop in the Furch / Maton / top end Eastman territory. You might find a Taylor you like at that price too.

Guitar Village have their 'Boss Gone Mad' sale on this weekend so worth a look. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Schnozz said:

Also super happy with my choice of the PRS Angelus A270E, try these if you can. I basically discounted PRS from the images I'd seen, but playing it this thing just is like a bell. It's gorgeous. I also tried the A265E which was also great but had a completely different voice. GAK have one at £729.

For completeness I've added a link to the associated thread to this one discussing the issues with the Eastman E10ss. 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/151017/look-at-the-nut-on-this#latest

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    edited April 2019
    Fuengi said:
    Another Eastman up north on Gumtree, also looks a bargain.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/eastman-e10-00ss-acoustic-guitar/1333291229
    I bought that.  Got it last night.  My goodness me it's good.  Thanks for the heads up.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fuengi said:
    Another Eastman up north on Gumtree, also looks a bargain.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/eastman-e10-00ss-acoustic-guitar/1333291229
    I bought that.  Got it last night.  My goodness me it's good.  Thanks for the heads up.
    Nicely bagged!

I'm really enjoying playing my Eastman now, so nice. 
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Had a first play on a couple of Eastmans yesterday but not the E10SS which I'd hoped to try out. Really nice as many say. Playability was better than a £2k Takamine. Played a parlour, a cutaway and a couple of others. Even their 'cheaper' ones are great. Owning a couple of recording kings (Dread & OOO) means I'm not that enamoured with getting another Chinese no matter how good it might be but they were an eye opener for sure
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    I finally managed to play one E10 SS vintage lacquer last week... bloody lovely thing indeed! The neck profile is nice and round without being OTT; the finish and aging is superbly done, even up close (my partner thought it was just old, and she knows what relics are); it played beautifully too - great setup, nicely cut nut and string spacing etc.; and, most importantly the tone was just incredible - very warm, full-sounding, and clear. I’ve been thinking about it a lot since trying it out - I suspect this may replace my Atkin GAS.
    I finally managed to play one E10 SS vintage lacquer last week... bloody lovely thing indeed! The neck profile is nice and round without being OTT; the finish and aging is superbly done, even up close (my partner thought it was just old, and she knows what relics are); it played beautifully too - great setup, nicely cut nut and string spacing etc.; and, most importantly the tone was just incredible - very warm, full-sounding, and clear. I’ve been thinking about it a lot since trying it out - I suspect this may replace my Atkin GAS.
    I'm incredibly happy with mine now the nut has been sorted, just sounds wonderful.
    Incoming  B)
    Incoming  B)
    What you gone for? 
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    Two weeks ago I bought a lefty Eastman ACTG-2e Ovankol travel guitar from Belgium. I can't say I needed it but I had heard a lot of good things about Eastman and wanted to try one for myself - and you do not often see them in left-handed versions.

I have to say I'm super impressed - solid woods, beautifully made, quality components throughout - and the onboard Fishman Sonitone electronics work surprisingly well. Being travel size, it isn't the loudest guitar but the tone is beautifully balanced and complex with great sustain. It plays beautifully out of the box - and, being quite fussy about set-ups, I rarely get to say that.

I think this is the guitar that the Sheeran W should have been. It has the same 1 11/16" nut width but the 12" fretboard radius and the slightly wider string spacing makes it feel more comfortable than the Sheeran. The build quality and attention to detail of the Eastman is far superior.

It isn't as good as my Wee Lowden WL-22 - and I'd be worried if it was. However it is a very fine guitar.
    GTC said:
    Two weeks ago I bought a lefty Eastman ACTG-2e Ovankol travel guitar from Belgium. I can't say I needed it but I had heard a lot of good things about Eastman and wanted to try one for myself - and you do not often see them in left-handed versions.

I have to say I'm super impressed - solid woods, beautifully made, quality components throughout - and the onboard Fishman Sonitone electronics work surprisingly well. Being travel size, it isn't the loudest guitar but the tone is beautifully balanced and complex with great sustain. It plays beautifully out of the box - and, being quite fussy about set-ups, I rarely get to say that.

I think this is the guitar that the Sheeran W should have been. It has the same 1 11/16" nut width but the 12" fretboard radius and the slightly wider string spacing makes it feel more comfortable than the Sheeran. The build quality and attention to detail of the Eastman is far superior.

It isn't as good as my Wee Lowden WL-22 - and I'd be worried if it was. However it is a very fine guitar.
    Good to hear. Eastman definitely seem to stand out in the £300 - £1200 range for acoustics, hard to beat in that bracket. Nice light construction and finishes. 
    Fuengi said:
    Incoming  B)
    What you gone for? 
    ES10SS in the Guitar Village sale. I’d have preferred an SS/V, but it was too good to pass up at that price and hardly a “bad” option anyway! Should be here tomorrow, I’ve been wanting a J45-type for about 15 years now and never got around to it until now, can’t wait! :)

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/eastman-e10ss-sunburst

Fuengi said:
    Incoming  B)
    What you gone for? 
    ES10SS in the Guitar Village sale. I’d have preferred an SS/V, but it was too good to pass up at that price and hardly a “bad” option anyway! Should be here tomorrow, I’ve been wanting a J45-type for about 15 years now and never got around to it until now, can’t wait! :)

That's the model I have, but the older version without the pick guard. It really is a fabulous, light, resonant guitar with perfect balanced tone across the strings. 

Having tried the SS/V in Guitar Village I much prefer the sunburst finish. Enjoy that when it arrives. 
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    An E1D for £400 is a great great price 
    Fuengi said:
    Fuengi said:
    Incoming  B)
    What you gone for? 

That's the model I have, but the older version without the pick guard. It really is a fabulous, light, resonant guitar with perfect balanced tone across the strings. 

Having tried the SS/V in Guitar Village I much prefer the sunburst finish. Enjoy that when it arrives. 
    Ah I love the firestripe guards so this is a bonus to me! Glad to hear it, will do a proper NGD post when it’s here.
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    edited March 2020
    @guitargeek62 So it was you! I rushed over to their website when I saw the sale but it was already gone. Enjoy! I played the very one you've bought in Guitar Village a few weeks ago and it was excellent. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom