Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Brexit Prepping

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24276
    seany65 said:
    Honda closing its factory in GB was mostly down to rises in fuel costs and carbon charges as well as some uncertainty about Brexit. They also already make that particular model in Japan and will continue to do so and were cutting back on production partly due to the rise of Electric cars.

They also now don't need production facilities in the EU to have access to the single market, so I'm not so sure that  Brexit is that big a factor.

In news bulletins they started off saying most of that, but after a very short while they were only mentioning Brexit as the reason.

I'd be a little surprised that a pharmacist would alter the amount or strength of any drug prescribed by a doctor or surgeon, especially as they don;t don't know the exact diagnosis, and I'd be surprised if it's already happening as fretmiester suggests.

The law changes in about 6 weeks to allow it.

the medical profession are appalled as they haven’t been consulted properly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • seany65 said:

I'd be a little surprised that a pharmacist would alter the amount or strength of any drug prescribed by a doctor or surgeon, especially as they don;t don't know the exact diagnosis, and I'd be surprised if it's already happening as fretmiester suggests.

There are already serious shortages of many drugs that people with chronic illnesses need to survive, to the point where they're over-ordering on the repeat prescriptions on the offchance that when there is a temporary supply of them they can stock up to cover the gaps.

That's not even a case of the pharmacist being involved - there are usually no safe substitutes for these medications because of the finely-balanced nature of large-dose regimens, so the patients simply don't get them. This has been going on for the last year or so that I know of.
    <space for hire>
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    Interesting.

The main benefits of the protocol would be the NHS cost savings associated with GP time. There may be some risks to patients, and therefore costs associated with this but clinicians setting out the guidance will consider and minimise these risks when setting out the guidance

I would have thought the main benefit would be to secure a supply of medicine to patients in 'extraordinary' circumstances?
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    And the easy acceptance of risk to patients instead of actually funding the system properly is exactly why this has been done by Statutory Instrument rather than Statute.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    Smells funny to me.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'