Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Dua Lipa Rig Rundown

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• DLM said:

I'm only in this thread because I thought @hootsmon was writing about Def Leppard.

Then I see that @EricTheWeary saw Steve Morse in a bad light, I'm amazed! Pray tell, I always thought he was really likable unless you're 1) his missus (he practices every waking hour, it takes a *very* special woman to tolerate that), or 2) the bloke he wanted to kill for spitting into his open mouth onstage while mid-solo with his eyes closed. In Hamburg, I think. And to be honest, I side with Steve on 2. Disgusting.

Everyone hears of Nuno for the first time sometime.

I might watch the vid later. I also might not.

Gosh, it was a while ago but as I remember it he did a rig rundown and was sexist, patronising and unfunny. Probably a bunch of normal stuff in between as well pointing at amps and stuff.  
    I have read a bunch of interviews with Steve across the years and wether they were given a positive edit or he was just having a bad day I don’t know ( I have a lot of bad days so I’m a forgiving soul). The point really was that sometimes when interviewing if you give people space they will fill it and sometimes they fill it with twaddle ( maybe that’s the story of the internet right there...) and the interviewer doesn’t have to work so hard.
    Although the more I read of this thread the more it appears that I’m just a pawn in some comic conspiracy that I don’t understand. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    ICBM said:
    Keiko said:
    Agree with the try again comments. There is no such thing as failing, only learning. It took Edison 10, 000 attempts to invent the lightbulb.
    Contrary to popular myth, Edison didn’t invent the light bulb - he simply made it commercially viable.
    It was Tesla, right?
    No, no, no! He makes sports cars!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    ICBM said:
    Keiko said:
    Agree with the try again comments. There is no such thing as failing, only learning. It took Edison 10, 000 attempts to invent the lightbulb.
    Contrary to popular myth, Edison didn’t invent the light bulb - he simply made it commercially viable.
    It was Tesla, right?
    No, no, no! He makes sports cars!
  • ICBM said:
    Keiko said:
    It was Tesla, right?
    Everything was Tesla, apparently.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    BintyTwanger77 said:

It was Tesla, right?
    No, Joseph Swan and others before Edison. Tesla was after Edison.

Edison was the Steve Jobs of his day - a brilliant business entrepreneur who took the ideas of others and created his own legend for genius despite not actually inventing anything of note.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    ICBM said:
    BintyTwanger77 said:

It was Tesla, right?
    No, Joseph Swan and others before Edison. Tesla was after Edison.

Edison was the Steve Jobs of his day - a brilliant business entrepreneur who took the ideas of others and created his own legend for genius despite not actually inventing anything of note.
    Like Marconi and Bell.
    In fact like a lot of people who could afford the patent while the original creators couldn't.