Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

For those old enough..........T.REX or SLADE ?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Just a thought - there’s a recent thread about the extortionate high price for a Jimmy Page Tele with mirrors stuck on it.
    How much would forum members pay for a custom shop Noddy Holder Top Hat with mirrors stuck on it? Now that I would break the bank for!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexC said:
    Just a thought - there’s a recent thread about the extortionate high price for a Jimmy Page Tele with mirrors stuck on it.
    How much would forum members pay for a custom shop Noddy Holder Top Hat with mirrors stuck on it? Now that I would break the bank for!

Would the Nod guitar package include a can of Tizer and a Cup a Soup along with the hat?  I got the Dave Hill book for Christmas (read the Nod one years back), wasn't aware he recovered from a stroke a few years back...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    I was born shortly before Bolan died, so this isn't coming from any place of personal nostalgia, but it's Bolan by an absolute mile. While he released a pretty hefty chunk of absolute shit in his time, when he was on his game he was magnificent. Slade? No. Just no.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    It's a good question, and I can't answer it for myself. 
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    p90fool said:
    Definitely T.Rex, Holder's voice gave me nightmares when I was nine, and is still nails down a blackboard every Christmas. 

Bowie is not even in the running. I watched a documentary about his early years the other night, and if you've ever wondered why he's the only superstar living or dead who's never had his back catalogue plundered, remastered and re-released you should watch it.

He was unutterably shit, and would perform any terrible old hokum you can imagine. His only goal was fame within any niche he could carve, without the slightest interest in actual quality. 

So yeah, Suzi Quatro every time for confused, pre-pubescent me.
    :)
    How very dare you! The Laughing gnome was a work of genius!
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12340
    Slade for “My life is Natural” and T-Rex for “Cosmic Dancer” 

Slade had the brummie working class lads band clout whereas Marc was a bit of a ponce and the girls wet their kecks over him . Slade had more longevity whereas Marc was very reliant on his looks, he was beautiful and then became bloated and greasy looking. Slade started off ugly so couldn’t really get much worse .
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Related image

First guitar I ever fell in love with...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • Slade for “My life is Natural” and T-Rex for “Cosmic Dancer” 

Slade had the brummie working class lads band clout whereas Marc was a bit of a ponce and the girls wet their kecks over him . Slade had more longevity whereas Marc was very reliant on his looks, he was beautiful and then became bloated and greasy looking. Slade started off ugly so couldn’t really get much worse .
    If you watch those episodes of Marc on YouTube that where made shortly before he died there is a strong sense of him being past his prime and still looking glam whilst the punks were moving in ( Generation X are on one of the shows, I think Boomtown Rats are on another). Presumably his career would have stalled completely or he would have had to reinvent himself.
    Slade's career ended for a bit but they got embraced by eighties rockers quite easily, maybe Marc would have gone into hiding until the nineties and been the elder statesman of Brit Pop. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12340
    Marc may have wiggled his bum a lot but Slade had BALLS

"OUR TOSSPOT"