2»

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Someone bought it... Sorry for him/her
    Or it was removed by eBay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 943
    I can’t go into too much detail but l’ve seen a fake Gibson that was taken from a container full seized by customs as an example,the serial number was heavily ground out to avoid any confusion but it was a really good copy. If you know your stuff you could tell but if not you ccould be easily fooled.
     The rest of the shipment was destroyed but it makes me wonder how many actually get through so be vigilant and do as many checks as possible and don’t forget if it seems too good to be true it usually is.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited February 2019
    lonestar said:
    I have been told it is a burny with a Gibson logo installed.. it would make total sense if you look at the control cavities..
    It still doesn’t explain the shoddy binding work on the headstock. Burny customs also seem to have continuous binding at the corners 
    Yep, that is a Burny. The whole Gibson headstock overlay would have been installed, then sanded slightly to fit where it sticks out, hence the binding at the corners. Looks like its sold - that is really shitty for whoever bought it
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2170
    I reported it, too. *shrug*
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    If I ever buy a Gibson again, it’ll need to be from a reputable dealer or new. The general second hand market is so polluted now I wouldn’t trust anyone as far as I could throw them. Whoever bought this clear didn’t do their homework first.

• If my memory serves correctly, this guitar was originally for sale on a Facebook group last year.

I distinctly recall a conversation with the vendor, who saw nothing wrong with the somewhat bizarre serial number...

Since then, it seems to have moved about a bit.

NB. AFAIK, one of the sellers does like to "tinker" with Les Pauls. :open_mouth: 

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/