Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bugger - PITA (literally)

What's Hot

Comments

• TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Tough news to get, for sure - but it's good they caught it relatively early. I was posting a year ago about an upcoming op for removing my prostate. That was robot-assisted, too. The surgery went very well and I was out of the hospital after about 3 days - quite amazing really. I wish you the best: obviously it's going to be life changing, but hey - you'll be alive! 
    Yes, absolutely the positive was the MRI result and the possibility of 'curative' surgery as the surgeon put it. I just hope that he isn't on a beach with a Martini operating the robots....

I hope that you are still moving forward with yours and all is well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    I'm really sorry to hear this, mate.

I've got a thread in BCD that is about my mum being diagnosed a few years ago with bowel cancel.
    It hasn't gone well for her but I am I correct in thinking you are much younger than her (she is 68)- that will help, so will understand whatchamacallit's dietary changes need to occur to manage the disease and the stoma.

The stoma is something you will adjust to- it can be a pretty clean thing actually, once you get in the rhythm of it.

Keep fighting and try to stay positive- feel free to PM me if you' like to chat about it.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4259
    Best of luck Tim. I would say take the time off, get fit and ready, has to be the most important thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Good luck and very best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. 
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    As above - best wishes to you and your family.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    best wishes for quick healing
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14252
    tFB Trader
    Best wishes to you and the family - Hope the outcome is far better than the news you've just received today

Keep your chin up - Best wishes - Mark
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
    Best wishes man. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • hoopshoops Frets: 224
    All the best mate, hope all goes well and you have a full and speedy recovery. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    All the best mate. Fingers are crossed 
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    octatonic said:

I've got a thread in BCD that is about my mum being diagnosed a few years ago with bowel cancel.
    It hasn't gone well for her but I am I correct in thinking you are much younger than her (she is 68)- that will help, so will understand whatchamacallit's dietary changes need to occur to manage the disease and the stoma.

The stoma is something you will adjust to- it can be a pretty clean thing actually, once you get in the rhythm of it.

Keep fighting and try to stay positive- feel free to PM me if you' like to chat about it.
    Well, I’m ten years younger, not sure if that helps me though. I read your thread and sorry for your pain with your mum. I know what you are going through; have been there with my dad.

My mum is in NZ, right now, visiting my sister, so had to make a call to them tonight to break the news. It wasn’t easy, but majored on the positives, that it hasn’t spread and surgery is aimed at removing it. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    TADodger said:
    octatonic said:

Well, I’m ten years younger, not sure if that helps me though. I read your thread and sorry for your pain with your mum. I know what you are going through; have been there with my dad.

My mum is in NZ, right now, visiting my sister, so had to make a call to them tonight to break the news. It wasn’t easy, but majored on the positives, that it hasn’t spread and surgery is aimed at removing it. 
    It will definitely help- the younger and fitter you are the better the prognosis.

• Sorry to hear about this and I hope it goes well for you.
    If you can, I think it's better to be with your loved ones than to try to work, although it depends also on what you do for work, what time your loved ones are also able to spend with you prior (and after) the op, ie if they work too.
    If you do need/want to work it may help you with some degree of distraction from the constant thinking about the op, I suppose. Good luck and stay strong. 
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    All the best with this fight , hoping you make a speedy recovery !
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24305
    Another one of life's little gifts to come along and kick you in the balls with.  I'm very sorry to hear about your situation mate.  I have a CT scan coming up because of long term bowel pain and I'm naturally bricking it.  Although it's not a great diagnosis for you, it's far better than it might have been.  Good luck and keep talking on here - it helps to get things off your chest.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Bloody hell! Sorry to hear this - best of luck though. I'd say you seem to have a good attitude towards it, so that's half the battle.

Out of interest - and feel free to not respond if you don't want to - but what were your symptoms that made you go and get checked?
  • I'm so sorry to read this. I hope your body will fight back and you'll beat that fucker quick. 
    Best of luck mate.
  • Grim news indeed but "curative surgery" is the silver lining here... life changing but still a good standard of life..

all the best...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Sorry to hear your news man. Hope it all goes well, and you get back into a normal life soon enough!
  • Sorry to hear this, best wishes for your treatment and recovery, I hope it all goes as well as it possibly can. Praises be to our NHS.