Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bugger - PITA (literally)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Really sorry to hear your bad news. Much kudos for being brave enough to share it on a public forum. Only you know what's best re. work, but what I would advise is get yourself in the best physical shape you can before your OP. It will help massively in reducing your recovery period time. Good Luck - Hope all goes well for you!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272

Sorry to hear this. 

All the best mate.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Sorry to hear about this.  Your original post is suprisingly upbeat in the circumstances, but I know this must be a very tough time.  At least you seem to have the temperament to handle this better than most, although I'm sure it's not easy.

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Sorry to hear about this.  Your original post is suprisingly upbeat in the circumstances, but I know this must be a very tough time.  At least you seem to have the temperament to handle this better than most, although I'm sure it's not easy.

Thanks @Blueingreen, I think the 'upbeatedness' reflects trying to focus on the news that the MRI / CT indicate that it hasn't spread yet, so removal will hopefully be the end of it, however different life may seem, to begin with, afterwards.
  • @TADodger ;

Tim, so sorry to hear this, hope everything goes well? When you are fit enough pop down to the Herts Jam, and we will make some noise (some call it playing).

All the best 

“Ken sent me.”
  • Hope it goes well for you, you'll be in good hands.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    Not sure what to say but I wish you all the very best - and your attitude towards this is admirable. 

Take care.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Really sorry to hear this matey.. Keep positive, all the best. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Sorry, missed this somehow. All the best and hope the op has a good outcome for you. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Wow. Good luck mate, hope all the treatment and surgery is successful. It is a cliché, but thanks for reminding us all about what matter in life, in the midst of all this political BS. Positive vibes and all that to you and your family.
  • Best of luck, I hope everything works out for you. 
    Thanks again for the thoughts all. I have another CT scan on Tuesday and a pre-op on Thursday and then the long wait for the 25th March......
  • Sending you much mojo and hope for a good outcome. 

For what its worth, I have Crohn's disease and whilst I'm a lucky bugger (thus far) the thought of getting a stoma fitted in the future is something I think about. The good news is that whilst the concept is a bit mad, people who have it done do seem to fully adapt and learn to see it in a positive light. 

I'm sure you've been given lots of info but if not the Crohn's and Colitis UK social media pages have lots of advice/positive stories about living with one. 

Good luck and take it easy! 

• Really sorry to hear this, lost my Dad to the same disease, sadly inoperable in his case. Glad you caught it early enough and wish you all the best with your op. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Sending you much mojo and hope for a good outcome. 

For what its worth, I have Crohn's disease and whilst I'm a lucky bugger (thus far) the thought of getting a stoma fitted in the future is something I think about. The good news is that whilst the concept is a bit mad, people who have it done do seem to fully adapt and learn to see it in a positive light. 

I'm sure you've been given lots of info but if not the Crohn's and Colitis UK social media pages have lots of advice/positive stories about living with one. 

Good luck and take it easy! 

Well, mojo back at you for your problems too. FWIW, I am kinda reconciled to the whole stoma thing as there isn’t an alternative, and so i have to make the best possible of it.

i will check your suggested media pages, thank you.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12321
    Stay strong mate, best wishes to you and yours.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"