The Dirt

What's Hot

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    Thought it was pretty enjoyable, if a little uncomfortable at some points (way too many needle-in-vein shots for my liking and the death of Vince's daughter was hard to watch as documented). Thought the main cast did a good job overall. I despise MGKs music and that whole vibe he gives off, but he was most enjoyable portraying Tommy Lee.

The guy who played Ozzy's accent though was rubbish. What the hell was that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Dopesick said:
    Thought it was pretty enjoyable, if a little uncomfortable at some points (way too many needle-in-vein shots for my liking and the death of Vince's daughter was hard to watch as documented). Thought the main cast did a good job overall. I despise MGKs music and that whole vibe he gives off, but he was most enjoyable portraying Tommy Lee.

The guy who played Ozzy's accent though was rubbish. What the hell was that?
    Yea, this always makes me uncomfortable, and made for hard watching, but really did hit home just how much of a mess Nikki Sixx was in. 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    joneve said:
    Watched last night. Enjoyed it overall. I had no idea about Vince's crash that killed the chap from Hanoi Rocks or the fact he lost his Daughter to cancer, absolutely heartbreaking. 

This sounds like you've not read the book, @joneve You will love it! :)

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    DLM said:
    joneve said:
    Watched last night. Enjoyed it overall. I had no idea about Vince's crash that killed the chap from Hanoi Rocks or the fact he lost his Daughter to cancer, absolutely heartbreaking. 

This sounds like you've not read the book, @joneve You will love it! :)

Yea, I've not got round to reading it yet! It's definitely on the list now though! 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    The book is really good, seeing the film really hit home on the visuals. 
    The Heroine Diaries is also good, focussing on how totally fucked up Nikki was.. in the film I found it to be slightly glossed over (time constraints I guess) from how he was "ooo I loooveee needles" and then suddenly "oo diss shit be bad, Okey dokey off to rehab, come on chums" 
  • Just finished the film. I’d say it was okay. I think the problem I had was that only the guy that played Nikki Sixx was believable to me, the rest seemed like poor actors and their performances put a barrier up stopping me getting involved in it so when the daughter dies I didn’t really care (...that sounds pretty harsh like). I actually preferred the Queen one even though I hate Queen and like Motley Crue. It’s a decent film though, I just felt the guys playing Mick and Vince in particular were fairly weak. Mainly Vince.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Worst film in history.
    FTFY
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I quite enjoyed the film, haven't read the book but I wasn't expecting anything ground breaking when I watched the film.  Just a bit of sex, drugs and rock n roll fun tbh.  The Skylar passing away part was brutal, a real tear jerker.  Some of Mick Mars' one liners had me howling with laughter.  Not a big Motley Crue fan but I enjoyed that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I actually preferred the Queen one even though I hate Queen and like Motley Crue. It’s a decent film though, I just felt the guys playing Mick and Vince in particular were fairly weak. Mainly Vince.

That's probably the issue  it wasn't real enough for you as a Motley Crue Fan. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10415
    Lot of stuff was missed out, Pamela Anderson, Tommy going to prison, Mick Mars attempting suicide in the sea, Gun accident in the desert, all the record company battles, Moscow peace festival etc. Not enough time to get it in a film I spose

Enjoyed it though
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Motley Crue are my favourite band...I thought it was good fun. A stupid film about a bunch of pretty stupid men doing stupid things (Mick Mars aside, generally). It obviously wasn't the best film ever but given the subject matter it wasn't ever going to be. 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Thought it was alright!
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited March 2019
    Cols said:
    I enjoyed The Dirt a lot more than Bohemian Rhapsody.  It seamed to be a lot more honest than BR and the timeline errors were not as shockingly poor.  
    I think a lot of the timeline errors in Bohemian Rhapsody were intentional for dramatic effect.
    However, for me, they took away from the credibility of Bohemian Rhapsody.  I did enjoy the bit in The Dirt where Mick Marrs broke the fourth wall to explain how an event actually happened.  I think it may have been enough to make a series.  It also felt as if The Dirt wasn't trying to pretend that some shady shit did not happen, which I believe that the Bohemian Rhapsody did.  

Edit:  Which I suppose is why it's called The Dirt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I think they could've made a 4 or 5 part series out of this, which would've been quite cool!

• I actually preferred the Queen one even though I hate Queen and like Motley Crue. It’s a decent film though, I just felt the guys playing Mick and Vince in particular were fairly weak. Mainly Vince.

That's probably the issue  it wasn't real enough for you as a Motley Crue Fan. 
    I would go as far as fan, probably just 'wouldn't skip unless 5 mins from home and want my last song of the journey to be great'.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    I had to turn it off, way too much tits and arse to watch with the misses in the house
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    Who the feck cast Ozzy ? Looked more like Dick Emery :)
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2413
    Who the feck cast Ozzy ? Looked more like Dick Emery :)
    And the accent! Was the Ozzy Ozzy.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited March 2019
    Lemmo seemed to like it...

https://youtu.be/Jls4BH3R2WU
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Just finished it, not too bad at all and all in all an enjoyable romp of a film