The Dirt

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    andyp said:
    Lemmo seemed to like it...

https://youtu.be/Jls4BH3R2WU
    Very much enjoying Lemmo's GOTD vids.. I've even started listening to his band on Spotify.. hilariously his album is called "Demo". 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    I watched it last night. It wasn't a great film but was miles better than Bohemian Rhapsody.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Still trying to adjust to Ramsay Bolton playing lead :/
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jalapeno said:
    At least no one got their knob cut off.  Saying that I'm surprised that they did not fall off from over or mis-use.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    I enjoyed it, it was exactly what I expected it to be, nothing more nothing less :) want to read the book now. 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Jalapeno said:
    At least no one got their knob cut off.  Saying that I'm surprised that they did not fall off from over or mis-use.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aSongOfMemesAndRage/comments/b1qs0a/take_to_the_kingsroad/
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1024
    “Ken sent me.”
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    I haven't seen it, but I watched a clip the other day. 

I do think I'd find it hard to get past the hurdle that the actors look and sound absolutely nothing like the real band.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    edited April 2019
    I've watched it twice. Loved it. Was lucky to see them at Wembley in 1989, great gig. The Crue has been on my playlist for the past two days. What a band.

For the naysayers. Get to fuck. It was never going to be Citizen Kane, it's about a rock and roll band living life to excess.

Might watch it again later actually. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Managed to catch the first half hour. Enjoying it so far. 
  • Thought the movie was great... and has led me back to listening to their stuff again whihc for some reason I hated in the 80s... was massively into GnR whihc I first got into by a Swedish au pair who had AforDestruction miles before it came out over in the UK... also led me into Hanoi Rocks, Poison and my taste of blondes!
  • ok just the thought of the au pair has got my fingers slipping over the keyboard when typing 'which' !
  • randellarandella Frets: 4176
    I watched the film the other day which I really enjoyed.  As a bit of further reading, I'm about two-thirds of the way through Nikki Sixx's 'Heroin Diaries'.

Now the film was debauched, but Sixx's autobiography makes it look like the Famous Five (four!) play Glam Metal.

How he's still alive is anyone's guess.  Apparently people used to ask him that at the time.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    randella said:
    I watched the film the other day which I really enjoyed.  As a bit of further reading, I'm about two-thirds of the way through Nikki Sixx's 'Heroin Diaries'.

Now the film was debauched, but Sixx's autobiography makes it look like the Famous Five (four!) play Glam Metal.

How he's still alive is anyone's guess.  Apparently people used to ask him that at the time.
    Yeah, it's quite a shocking book. Makes you realise the hell hole that a drug addict goes down. Well done to him for coming out again and still being alive.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4176
    axisus said:
    Yeah, it's quite a shocking book. Makes you realise the hell hole that a drug addict goes down. Well done to him for coming out again and still being alive.
    I agree wholeheartedly - I had an episode of "My Favourite Riff with Nikki Sixx" come up on my Youtube feed, completely by chance.  This was 20 minutes or so of him chatting to Slash.

I watched it, and was surprised by just how lucid and articulate the pair of them are after all that they went through.  There must have been some hellish demons to deal with.

And after all that abuse, neither of them looks anywhere near as rough as they should do either!
  • ZukabakZukabak Frets: 19
    Interesting to see the Phil X played all the guitar and bass parts for the movie!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7292
    I jsut watched it, I cant fucking stand motely crue but the film was pretty entertaining.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ