Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Warning to people who buy on Reverb.com

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Jimbro66 said:
    There have been two or three threads of this nature recently so it's disappointing that @iain.reverb hasn't made an appearance to perhaps explain a few things and put folks minds at rest. However, he has not made any contribution to the forum since last September whereas he previously chipped in from time to time with help and advice. Perhaps he is no longer associated with Reverb UK or did he decide to have no further interaction here for some reason?

With so many members here now having reservations about using what previously looked like an appealing alternative to eBay/Gumtree it really would help to have a Reverb representative clarifying a few matters and perhaps offering to intervene where members are having frustrating issues.
    Still the UK & Ireland Territory Manager for Reverb as far as im aware......  iain@reverb.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't think I'll ever use Reverb if this is the case! Nothing more troublesome than when things go wrong, because it takes ages to sort out. Good luck!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Makes me laugh so much that you whingers think Reverb has problems, yet you're happy to run back to Ebay at the first sign of a hiccup. Posh Spice on a popsicle .... give me strength!

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fandango said:
    Makes me laugh so much that you whingers think Reverb has problems, yet you're happy to run back to Ebay at the first sign of a hiccup. Posh Spice on a popsicle .... give me strength!

Great post. Full of reasoned, intelligent argument. You must be proud.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • This site -

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    edited February 2019
    KrisGee said:
    KrisGee said:

KrisGee said:
    Now I wish I read this thread before ordering a fender strat from France yesterday afternoon, my first purchase on reverb, apart from a £2 clip on tuner offer we all fell for.
    Hope it all works out for ya, I believe you're still in good hands cuz you've paid with paypal, regardless of reverb being bad or good.

That tuner is the worst tuner I’ve ever used. 
    My one year old loves putting it on his ukulele, it never stays in tune, and that tuner doesn't help much lol.

hyperben said:
    KrisGee said:
    Now I wish I read this thread before ordering a fender strat from France yesterday afternoon, my first purchase on reverb, apart from a £2 clip on tuner offer we all fell for.
    Hope it all works out for ya, I believe you're still in good hands cuz you've paid with paypal, regardless of reverb being bad or good.

Yes I agree. I feel safe knowing I’ve still got my PayPal protection, even given the circumstances. And chances are you’ll be fine with your guitar.
    I shall report when it arrives (or not) just as an advice for others thinking to shop on there. 
    Actually, given the amount of recent reverb related threads I've decided to cancel my purchase and requested a refund. Hope this will be easier to handle by reverb as my guitar hasn't been shipped yet. Messaged seller through reverb website as well as requested refund directly from paypal. 
    Never got stung buying on ebay so i'll stick to them and their buyer's protection. Better safe than sorry.
    So I got my refund this evening, 24h after I requested it. Not sure whether paypal stepped in and it speeded it up or I was just lucky. Reverb rep named Joe B. contacted me this morning saying refund was approved, then I had a message from seller saying they'll refund me when I return guitar (cheeky fvckers!), quick message back to Joe saying I have no guitar cause it wasn't even shipped yet and now money's back in the account.
    @hyperben wish you same luck dude.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    edited February 2019
    fandango said:

I think all the platforms have quirks. I just want to know what the quirks are before I use them so I know what I’m letting myself in for. This experience won’t actually stop me using Reverb (I never said it would), but I’ll only use it for physically smaller purchases (pedals, pickups etc). I definitely won’t be buying any more guitars on Reverb unless they remove themselves as a third party for PayPal transactions. My reasoning for this is purely the cost of shipping the goods back to Reverb should I have issues with the item/seller. eBay will still be my platform of choice though as a seller without a doubt. £1 fee free weekends are just great and eBay seems to capture far more potential buyers. As a buyer I have absolutely no issues with eBay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7424
    fandango said:

Thats unhelpful. 

These specific complaibts are mostky aroubd a setup unique to Reverb - that theybinsert thenselves into the finsncial transaction, and do so apprentky incompetehtly in manu cases, eequiring weeks if nanyal intervention to release money despite an otherwise complete transaction 

nobody has claimed ebay is perfect. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    edited February 2019
    TimmyO said:
    fandango said:

Thats unhelpful. 

These specific complaibts are mostky aroubd a setup unique to Reverb - that theybinsert thenselves into the finsncial transaction, and do so apprentky incompetehtly in manu cases, eequiring weeks if nanyal intervention to release money despite an otherwise complete transaction 

Vodka breakfast or autocorrect fail?
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    fandango said:

Thats unhelpful. 

I swear to god every iOS update makes autocorrect less and less helpful lol 
    Red ones are better. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    I've heard Reverb have even started inserting unnecessary letters into the posts of complainants in order to make them harder to read. 
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    prlgmnr said:
    I've heard Reverb have even started inserting unnecessary letters into the posts of complainants in order to make them harder to read. 
    Haha 
    Red ones are better. 
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    Vodka breakfast. Lol.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    edited February 2019
    TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:
    fandango said:

Thats unhelpful. 

Mate this looks more like detune than autocorrect D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • coffeehousecoffeehouse Frets: 45
    edited February 2019
    @hyperben did you get your cash back ? ... I had someone offer for sale a Custom Shop Strat last week that turned out to be a complete fake as well... No certificate ... and upon taking it apart it was a complete con job... The rule with those is... if there's no cert.. and the S/N comes up on Fenders website as a different guitar... then walk away... fast ...
    Julian

Owner of the New (in 2019) guitar shop in Frome, Somerset. Coffee House Guitars. Selling a range of high end used guitars.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The latest is Reverb have approved my return and said they’ll also cover my return postage, but they still want me to close the PayPal dispute. I’ve returned the guitar which has arrived with the seller today, so now awaiting my refund which hopefully won’t take too long. The PayPal dispute is still open but should automatically close anyway once they process a refund. Looks like it’ll all be sorted out soon though thankfully. It’s a learning experience for sure! I know Gibsons inside out, but not Fenders. Don’t think I’d have been caught out if this was a Gibson. I guess it doesn’t help that Fenders are really easy to take apart etc.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    edited March 2019
    I went out on the limb and bought a pedal through Reverb without using PayPal protection, this is a first for me and I have been advising people to use PayPal protection.
    Reverb applied 10 pounds to my account for the hassle I had with a seller on their site (not them) and in order to use them I had to pay using my credit card in their system and not PayPal so I took a little risk to save a £10. 
    I trust everything will be alright with this sale
    + tracking has been added within 5 minutes of paying, not bad
    Ok so thought I'd just write a quick post to say that this has all been resolved now. Reverb were extremely helpful and not only got me my money back, but also paid for the return postage too! So I'm very pleased and relieved.
  • TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:
    fandango said:

Thats unhelpful. 

Swiftkey ftw - works really well on my iPhone and iPad
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)