multi effect in effect loop - not 4CM

DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2371
I have my eye on a cheap (and now discontinued, I think) multi-effect pedal that I would run in the effects loop for mod effects and reverb.

The pedal has only two jacks:
guitar input 1/4" Unbalanced (TS) Input Impedance:  500Kohm
Left/Right Output:  1/4" Stereo TRS Left/Right Output Impedance:  500 Ω per side Maximum Output:   +7.0 dBu.

Website says "Amp/Mixer mode optimizes 1/4" output for amps and mixers", but I can't see anything in the manual, so I guess it must be automatic.

I won't be running it in stereo and I can't use 4CM as it only has 1 input jack.

Amp specs:
I can't find anything about one amps effect loop, but the other amp has a send output impedance of 4.7Kohm, return input impedance of 100Kohm.  There are no switches of pots on these loops, so can't make any adjustments.

Will this pedal work in an effects loop?

Thanks for you time.

Ddig

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72497
    Should do. Just make sure you don’t turn on any overdrive, distortion or fuzz, and probably best to avoid compression. If you’re just using it for modulation and reverb it should be OK. There’s still the possibility of a level mismatch, but you can’t tell from those specs.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2371
    Thanks ICBM.  A superfast reply.

It is cheap enough to have a go anyway.  I will edit all the presets and remove anything that could add any gain.

Cheers, Ddig
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    I used a Korg AX3000G in my amps effects loop for a couple of years just for reverb, modulation and delay and it worked just fine. As ICBM say don't use the overdrives and distortion, delete them from any patches that you use unless you hate your ears!
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    I use my Zoom G3X into the return of my Egnater, bypassing the preamp (because it is randomly faulty) and it works very well indeed.