Joyo PXL Live - help needed

lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I've just had delivered a Joyo PXL Live.

I've read and watched plenty of reviews so think I'll be fine with the basics.

Just one question though, if I have a patch selected that for example has OD and trem but part way through the song I think I want to add delay or to remove trem, can I do this on the fly ( as you would without a switcher) or would I have to edit the patch on the fly?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    The patches define which loops are on or off. For your situation you would need a patch for each combination of pedals (assuming one pedal per loop) and would then change patch rather than edit a patch.

OR you could have a patch that included all the loops you need  then turn the pedals off/on individually. I sometimes do this when I basically want to only add/remove a single pedal during a song. Otherwise,  separate patches minimises the tap dancing. 
    Or, more simply, essentially all your pedals are always on, but the patches define which get put into the signal chain. So if a pedal is included in a patch,  you can turn that pedal off/on normally.  If it isn't,  it's just not there. 
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    Patch only I'm afraid! You could get an M5 and leave it outside the loops just for that reason. Or as the others have said, leave the preset switched on but the delay off.
  • Thanks all. 
    Think I'll just have to get used to rubbing things a different way. Will be nice to be able to have some presets so I can minimise the tap dancing!
    FWIW I always have one patch that is "all the common stuff" so that if need be I can use that and tap dance.  But mostly you end up working out an additive set across each bank,  IME. And you'll find you soon get quick enough at programming it that you can knock one up at a rehearsal without aggro.
  • Snags said:
    FWIW I always have one patch that is "all the common stuff" so that if need be I can use that and tap dance. 
    Good idea. Think that would come in handy.
    Do you have everything going through the PXL or would you put a fuzz before it?
    I don't use fuzz.

From memory I've got:

Guitar > [Compressor > Overdrive > Distortion > Wah] >  Volume > Amp > FX send > [Chorus > Flanger > Phaser > (Delay x2)] > Boost > FX return

Also triggers to the amp for channel/reverb.

edited February 2019
    I use A HOF reverb outside of the loops, a Zoom MS70CDR hooked via midi into one of the back end loops as well as a graphic eq or booster pedal. An overdrive in one of the front loops and a wah wah straight to the guitar. At the moment that's all I can fit into the pedal board as it's quite small hence there's only four effects pedals in there!
    Like longi, I have some things outside the loops. So in the above the [brackets] indicate the two blocks of 4 when using 4CM, and the volume sits between the end of block 1 and the amp, and the boost sits between the end of block 2 and the amp's fx return
  • I think I might keep my reverb out of the switcher as I never turn out off. Just not sure if I should have my fuzz in the loop or before the unit, or if it won't make any difference
    edited February 2019
    Only one way to find out :)
    I think I might keep my reverb out of the switcher as I never turn out off. Just not sure if I should have my fuzz in the loop or before the unit, or if it won't make any difference

Depends on whether you like to jump on it at will or are quite happy with the "one button press" option. The PXL patch changes are instant.

• Looking at the manual yesterday (not had time to set the switcher up yet) it says it uses 250mA but that it should have 500 available. Will 250mA be sufficient or do I need to run it by itself from a 500mA output?
    Looking at the manual yesterday (not had time to set the switcher up yet) it says it uses 250mA but that it should have 500 available. Will 250mA be sufficient or do I need to run it by itself from a 500mA output?
    I run mine doubled up on a TRex Junior which is 120ma per output (240ma doubled up) and a single output on a TRex Chameleon (300ma) with no issues.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    longi said:
    Looking at the manual yesterday (not had time to set the switcher up yet) it says it uses 250mA but that it should have 500 available. Will 250mA be sufficient or do I need to run it by itself from a 500mA output?
    I run mine doubled up on a TRex Junior which is 120ma per output (240ma doubled up) and a single output on a TRex Chameleon (300ma) with no issues.
    Great so it can share a 500mA output. Don't really want to have a separate power supply just for it
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Is the PXL Live buffered? Having spoken to Christian from Magnetic Effects he said the Black Moon Fuzz would be best before a buffer.