Cheaper Fender Investments?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rossirossi Frets: 1707
    I cant understand the Jap Fender fascination .Nice guitars and worth  owning one but not paying a large sum for  and as for all that old crap we were stuck with in the 60;s -70,s dont even go there .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I agree with the sentiments that at some stage in the coming decades, the market will begin to fall... and when it does... it will really tumble. Vintage guitar prices have, in ecomonic terms, reached a mild 'mania' level... and that could collapse quicker than we'd like to think.

Future generations are less likely to pin the same value on old guitars that we're seeing now. If you think about the reasons why they became 'vintage guitars' instead of 'Second hand guitars' it's hard to see how it can continue forever...

As long as the big makers keep making high end Custom Shop guitars their ltd editions and desireable models will always be worth 2/3 of the new retail price, and those retail prices will continue to rise as the value of currency falls... So limited run custom shops woudnt' be a bad place to store economic energy ....

Julian

Owner of the New (in 2019) guitar shop in Frome, Somerset. Coffee House Guitars. Selling a range of high end used guitars.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    rossi said:
    I cant understand the Jap Fender fascination .Nice guitars and worth  owning one but not paying a large sum for  and as for all that old crap we were stuck with in the 60;s -70,s dont even go there .
    ...'cause if you did Harry 7 would be first in the very short queue.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom