Forshage Neo-H build thread.

What's Hot
octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
edited March 2019 in Guitar
Just before my mother died we talked about me commissioning a guitar to be built with some of the money I get from the estate.

I've decided to do it and I can think of no one better than Chris Forshage to make it for me and he is happy to do so.
I already have one of his ergonomic Orion guitars, which I love, but I wanted something a bit more traditional (relatively speaking).

Chris makes a model called a 'Neo', they are a Hollowbody guitar but thinner than a traditional Hollowbody- if you are familiar with Languedoc or Artinger then you will know some of the design ideas.

Here are a couple he has made in that style- one with a Gotoh trem and one with a more traditional archtop bridge:

We've pushed the boat out on wood choices here- this guitar will have a curly Koa carved top and flat back.
This piece is 28” x 8.75” x 2”, has been dried for 30 years and has incredible flame on it.

We are still talking materials and some design ideas but it will be a Fender scale with 2 humbuckers, probably Bareknuckles.

This might be a bit soon after mum's death to be making such a post but fuck it, we never stood on ceremony and I know mum wouldn't have minded.

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments