Will real amps devalue more if the 'next generation' of modelling gear sounds closer?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I can't see real amps being devalued. Guitarists by and large are a somewhat crusty bunch hellbent on tradition. Combine that with "if it's good enough for X...."
    I've yet to play an AXEFX, for my needs I can't warrant the expenditure. I like things nice and simple, if I could find a digital/solid state amp with an input I could overload in a similar manner to a valve amp. Then I'd be interested. I don't agree with the "it's digital therefore its shite" brigade. Holdsworth has been using Yamaha gear for years to get his lead sound.
    I was intrigued by a grandmeister head, thinking it would fufill all of my needs. But seeing one opened up and the amount of PCB's got me twitchy. What happens when one breaks etc? To me basic valve amps are meat and potatoes, i get my overdrive sounds from pedals these days. If a basic single channel valve amp breaks, fingers crossed I can get it repaired easily.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom