2»

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Found a new factory that allows for more profit? Cynical me again

There is a faint wiff of the old Bullshido about it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mondaypeanutmondaypeanut Frets: 72
    edited March 2019
    Played one and it felt like the materials were very cheap, melted down recycled cans for the bridge, one step away from a chipboard body etc, but someone had tried to set it up which had led to the main problem which was the buzzing all over the neck due to a noticeable bow to try to correct the neck join. Nothing to justify a £449 price tag, especially when you can buy an Epiphone Les Paul SL for £89 in the same shop and it's built better.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11761
    Played one and it felt like the materials were very cheap, melted down recycled cans for the bridge, one step away from a chipboard body etc, but someone had tried to set it up which had led to the main problem which was the buzzing all over the neck due to a noticeable bow to try to correct the neck join. Nothing to justify a £449 price tag, especially when you can buy an Epiphone Les Paul SL for £89 in the same shop and it's built better.
    That might be the inconsisten quality Chappers was talking about at play.

The one I tried was genuinely on par with a PRS SE Standard for quality, which I considered superb.

How would you know the bridge was made of cheaper metal?  I mean it doubtless was, but assuming it was competently made, it should make no difference.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Played one and it felt like the materials were very cheap, melted down recycled cans for the bridge, one step away from a chipboard body etc, but someone had tried to set it up which had led to the main problem which was the buzzing all over the neck due to a noticeable bow to try to correct the neck join. Nothing to justify a £449 price tag, especially when you can buy an Epiphone Les Paul SL for £89 in the same shop and it's built better.
    That might be the inconsisten quality Chappers was talking about at play.

The one I tried was genuinely on par with a PRS SE Standard for quality, which I considered superb.

How would you know the bridge was made of cheaper metal?  I mean it doubtless was, but assuming it was competently made, it should make no difference.
    The bridge seemed thin and lightweight and that's a problem for durability and also sustain which same reason people pay for brass tremolo blocks instead of cheap aluminium.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Genuine question - how would you know the bridge is lightweight if it was still attached to the body? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Kalimna said:
    Genuine question - how would you know the bridge is lightweight if it was still attached to the body? 
    That's easy, it's the aura of cheapness that reveals the inferior metallurgical properties and relative density.  
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What's so bad about scratchplates :dissapointed: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    What's so bad about scratchplates :dissapointed: 
    1001 other companies do the traditional look if that's what you want, what's so bad about this one doing something different?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom