Lost/Stolen by FedEx- Gretsch Masterbuilt Purple (or blue grape) Sparkle & White Penguin

What's Hot

Comments

• WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    Philtre said:
    @FreddieVanHalen How far have you had to travel on the train?
    Round trip for me today will be about 600 miles.
    It feels like it’s taken about 600 years.

Still at least 2 hours from home
    At least they managed to get the right country though, aye!  FFS.
    I'd imagine you're still going to give them hell over this.  Be interested to see what happens there, can you keep us all informed?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wonky said:
    Philtre said:
    @FreddieVanHalen How far have you had to travel on the train?
    Round trip for me today will be about 600 miles.
    It feels like it’s taken about 600 years.

Still at least 2 hours from home
    At least they managed to get the right country though, aye!  FFS.
    I'd imagine you're still going to give them hell over this.  Be interested to see what happens there, can you keep us all informed?
    Will do. Suspect it will be a fairly slow paced battle of attrition but let’s see.
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7181
    Make sure you share this thread with them and let them know we will all avoid them like the plague now!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Looking forward to the photos!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7871
    Dibs!
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    After all this I’m not sure that I would be totally surprised to find that there was a transvestite from Transylvania in the box!
    Well that would be sweet.
  • I hate to let down everyone hat was rooting for me but it's not good news.
    I mean, I got the guitar, so at least I have it, but FedEx has done this:

0reaction image LOL 18reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I hate to let down everyone hat was rooting for me but it's not good news.

I know it probably doesn’t help, and FedEx need their arses handing to them on a plate....

....but there’s a man in Croydon who would sort that out so that it would be invisible and stronger than when original... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm glad that I didn't open it until I got home because I would have been a grown man crying in front of strangers.

See everyone, this is what care FedEx takes of your fine instruments. All the fine work that Stephen Stern put into this guitar and some bunch of (*&()*&()*&(* does this to it.

Go fuck yourself FedEx.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • No worries @Bridgehouse I'm so angry I'm calm :-)
    I think a train ride to Croydon is definitely on the cards. Paging @FelineGuitars ! Heyulp!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72807
    edited March 2019

At least you have the guitar. That's a very clean break and can be repaired to a good standard. Your next challenge is to get FedEx to pay for it...

The real question is how did it happen? From the stress cracks in the finish, I would say that's not an 'inertial' case-drop break, it's been pushed forward. Is the case damaged? Or is it a poor fit so the back edge of the head touches the back of the case - I know that might be hard to judge right now.

As already said, contact Jonathan @FelineGuitars.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

No worries @Bridgehouse I'm so angry I'm calm :-)
    I think a train ride to Croydon is definitely on the cards. Paging @FelineGuitars ! Heyulp!
    Yep. That’s the man. Simply the best.

ICBM said:
    :(

At least you have the guitar. That's a very clean break and can be repaired to a good standard. Your next challenge is to get Fedex to pay for it...

The real question is how did it happen? From the stress cracks in the finish, I would say that's not an 'inertial' case-drop break, it's been pushed forward. Is the case damaged? Or is it a poor fit so the back edge of the head touches the back of the case - I know that might be hard to judge right now.

Contact Jonathan @FelineGuitars.
    I reckon that’s wiggle room in the case and it’s been chucked off the plane by the baggage handlers and it’s jarred it inside.
  • @icbm box doesn't have any serious damage that I could see other than an indentation on the front.
    Can't see any damage to the case either....
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    @FreddieVanHalen ; .. I feel gutted for you .. whilst it can be sorted that's a piss poor service from FedEX.

Hit FB with pics and hammer the shit out of them - get every guitar player on the planet to re-post and re-Tweet and watch their customer services people respond faster than warp factor 10. They owe you some serious compensation.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72807
    @icbm box doesn't have any serious damage that I could see other than an indentation on the front.
    It *might* by inertial damage, although I'm still suspicious. An indentation could have been something pressing on the front which flexed the whole thing backwards - hard cases aren't always completely rigid under that sort of stress.

But I had a bad thought... FedEx will probably try to deny responsibility for the break by claiming that it happened after they lost it, so not under their control.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FreddieVanHalenFreddieVanHalen Frets: 954
    edited March 2019
    ICBM said:
    @icbm box doesn't have any serious damage that I could see other than an indentation on the front.
    But I had a bad thought... FedEx will probably try to deny responsibility for the break by claiming that it happened after they lost it, so not under their control.
    They can try that but good luck to them in getting it to stick - guitar was boxed until I got it home and they've sent it all round the houses - this one is most definitely on them and I'll see them in a court if I have to.

As far as I'm concerned it was still in FedEx's care until I picked it up. I have not signed for this guitar.
    Unless FedEx is reading this, they still think it's rattling around in their warehouse somewhere, so is still in their care :-)

ICBM said:
    They can try that but good luck to them in getting it to stick - guitar was boxed until I got it home and they've sent it all round the houses - this one is most definitely on them and I'll see them in a court if I have to.
    Journey started in the US right? Hit their main HQ hard first.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4162
    Screw them all over social media. It really helps.

A few years ago we had an issue with our Citroen. A part failed - one that many people suffered - but there were no spares in the country. Lots of tales in forums of six week waits and even longer. A ridiculous situation. I wrote a blog post about it and hammered it all over social media tagging Citroen in. Lo and behold, somehow they suddenly found some spares and were flying them express (!!!) to get them to my dealer as soon as possible. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    If the main outer box isn’t really damaged and if it was in a hardcase then surely this is almost impossible? Maybe the seller?