Bonnamassa shreds on a headless Steinberger

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I thought he was going to go into ‘fight fire with fire’ by Metallica at the end!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Rocker said:
    Impressive but it is far far away from being ever called music.  Wows young impressionable males though....
    The whole point of the clip was a joke about joining Slayer. Clearly he's a very capable musician, and not just the muffled mid-range dad-blues punching bag everyone likes to throw out whenever his name comes up. I'm sure I've seen a clip of him ripping it up with some decent country-style chicken-picking somewhere as well.

<Laughs> my whole point is that 'playing' in that manner is purely noise making.  It might be good fun but musically it is zero.  And it does not matter if the genre is Country either, I have watched clips of Albert Lee, Brent Mason etc. creating more or less similar noise.  And totally tuneless noise too.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3673
    :#
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    There's no room on The Fretboard for old curmudgeons  :)
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Lewy said:
    EJ has 'that sound' as well, which is where I heard it first. It's a big frustration because I can't get 'that sound' from my picking. But I keep working at it.

Troy Grady’s got a whole package about it FYI.

I know, I've got it (amongst a load of other stuff from Troy Gray). But I still can't get 'that sound'.

@stratman3142 Intrigued.

I love 'the sound' of JB's picking. Highly articulated and smooth but not too harsh/intense/aggressive. EJ has 'that sound' as well, which is where I heard it first. It's a big frustration because I can't get 'that sound' from my picking. But I keep working at it.
    The bit I highlighted?

If we want to take a closer look at what you want, a new thread in the technique section is probably better than continuing here with all the Bananamonster gags. I'd be interested whether you can get the notes out of your picking (notes you want, in time, in tune, at all desired tempi) just with the "wrong" tone?

As a one-shot: Red Jazz IIIs help calm the pick attack down a bit.

Not that I'm not up for adding to those! :grimace:
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2200
    DLM said:
    Lewy said:
    EJ has 'that sound' as well, which is where I heard it first. It's a big frustration because I can't get 'that sound' from my picking. But I keep working at it.

Troy Grady’s got a whole package about it FYI.

I know, I've got it (amongst a load of other stuff from Troy Gray). But I still can't get 'that sound'.

@stratman3142 Intrigued.

I love 'the sound' of JB's picking. Highly articulated and smooth but not too harsh/intense/aggressive. EJ has 'that sound' as well, which is where I heard it first. It's a big frustration because I can't get 'that sound' from my picking. But I keep working at it.
    The bit I highlighted?

If we want to take a closer look at what you want, a new thread in the technique section is probably better than continuing here with all the Bananamonster gags. I'd be interested whether you can get the notes out of your picking (notes you want, in time, in tune, at all desired tempi) just with the "wrong" tone?

As a one-shot: Red Jazz IIIs help calm the pick attack down a bit.

Not that I'm not up for adding to those! :grimace:

Maybe it's me but I hear 'a sound' in JB and EJ's picking that I rarely hear in other players. Some might pick faster but they don't have 'that sound'. Still there are other things I can do and one can't expect to be able to do everything.

It's not a competition.