Princeton PRRI backup - Fly Rig or something else?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    John_A said:
    Personally think a HX stomp isnt an ideal backup for a princeton, it's too different and therefor not the sort of thing that you can just grab out your bag in a panic once every 6 months and remember how it all works and how to give it a tweak when it doesn't.
    To be fair, you could just create the setting, save it and it would just be where you left it when you turn it on 6 months later.
    Plug and play really for a quick amp backup, probably overkill for such a use though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Well I’m going to go with the Tech 21 Blonde v2 as a low cost solution. I’m going to fit it on my acoustic board that will be plugged into a DI box but could be easily bypassed if I want to plug into an amp. I’ll try it out in a couple of different settings and feedback n how it goes. Cheers everyone. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    I had one of those blonde pedals once - I didn't get on with it - the overall output level and gain changes hugely based in where the character knob is set so getting sounding the same twice was a chore if it wasn't on a cased board - good for recording though 
    Red ones are better. 
    Good to know, but it might never need to be used in anger... hopefully! :)
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    I use a DV Mark Micro 50 as a backup amp. It’s so small and light it fits in the back of my 2x12 cab or in my gig bag, takes pedals great and is easily loud enough for unmiced gigs with a drummer. There was the DV Mark Raw Dawg Eric gales signature amp for sale on here recently which is more fendery 
    Yep, nice solution and interesting amps in general but I'm probably sticking to my much cheaper pedal option that can just be DI'd to the desk if I have a problem. I'm currently using a second set up for an acoustic DI'd already, so if I put the Tech 21 Blonde in that chain, I'd just have to change guitars over and I'd be back up and running... I think. I'll certainly be giving it a try out over the next couple of weeks.