EBay content - someone's in for disappointment

What's Hot
timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2399
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/192863183335

See these go quite often for £300, so this seller's in for a shock when reality finally hits home. Also seems to think Epiphone are no longer owned by Gibson. 

I want to be kind and message them so they can be let down gently but I don't think it's the kind of message that would be particularly well received. 
Tim
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    It being mint is completely suspect as well because it looks like there's some kind of water damage at the top of the back of the headstock on the fourth picture.  

What an absolute chancer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    Its a cool guitar and id buy it buy definatly not at that price. i could buy a Gibson for that money !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    The factory fitted Bigsby-licensed vibrato is unusual but not enough to justify a one at the beginning of the price.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    The factory fitted Bigsby-licensed vibrato is unusual but not enough to justify a zero at the end of the price.
    FTFY

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Can not simultaneously award LOL and Wis. Have a Wow!
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4919
    It's 22 years old - how can the seller possibly describe it as "new"?!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    I offered him £250 for it because it’s pretty but it was declined. No surprises there.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285

Yeah, but it's got a (wonky) Gibson Bell style truss rod cover.That's got to be worth an extra twelve hundred quids worth of anyones money. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    edited March 2019
    Whitby? Probably a Goth.

I like the idea that it “boasts” a Gibson “bell style” TRC.

Now, I’m no expert, but it also appears to “boast” a Gibson “Les Paul” style body, along with a what appears to be a neck (with fretboard and frets) and a genuine Epiphone style headstock - features which obviously set it apart from the common herd. Top it off with that “notoriously difficult to achieve” finish and an Epiphone Bigsby clone and the extravagant price is clearly explained. Not.

I’ve had a few of these. £250-£275 tops. Maybe £300-£325 on a silver-tongued good day to someone who sure plays a mean pinball.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    Perhaps when a few people have made offers around £250-350 the seller might come to his senses and lower the stupid BIN price . On the other hand it may become one of those guitars that remains unsold for ages.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Arktik83 said:
    It being mint is completely suspect as well because it looks like there's some kind of water damage at the top of the back of the headstock on the fourth picture.  

What an absolute chancer.
    I think that’s just a light reflection, it does look in decent nick. 
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2472
    Both myself and the other guitarist in my old band had one of these, mine was silver and his was blue... both featured in this music video from 1997!
    https://youtu.be/LsZfHAWcD0A
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    Nitefly said:
    It's 22 years old - how can the seller possibly describe it as "new"?!

Gah! I HATE ebay's "New, other" category.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    ‘Gibson epiphone’ in the description. 

I hate it when sellers do that. It’s a flippin epiphone. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    edited March 2019
    terada said:
    ‘Gibson epiphone’ in the description. 

I hate it when sellers do that. It’s a flippin epiphone. 
    Yes I guess that it’s because it gets listed under both Gibson and Epiphone categories but I can’t really see anybody looking for a Gibson guitar buying an Epiphone instead.
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    I’ll be honest, I think I low balled the geezer with £250. I’ve since offered him £265 but no interest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3493
    Whitby? Probably a Goth.

Now, I’m no expert, but it also appears to “boast” a Gibson “Les Paul” style body, along with a what appears to be a neck (with fretboard and frets) and a genuine Epiphone style headstock - features which obviously set it apart from the common herd. Top it off with that “notoriously difficult to achieve” finish and an Epiphone Bigsby clone and the extravagant price is clearly explained. Not.

I’ve had a few of these. £250-£275 tops. Maybe £300-£325 on a silver-tongued good day to someone who sure plays a mean pinball.
    Dude, if you can find me one for that money Id take your arm as well! That's well nice! Not 1500 quid nice obviously. Ive seen the metal flake ones around, but have not seen one in this color before.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5419
    edited March 2019
    robgilmo said:
    Whitby? Probably a Goth.

Dude, if you can find me one for that money Id take your arm as well! That's well nice! Not 1500 quid nice obviously. Ive seen the metal flake ones around, but have not seen one in this color before.
    I had the gold sparkle version...
    Heavy (I was 16 & it weighed more than I did) it was protected by a thick coat of sticky poly. 
    To be fair it looked AWESOME when a spotlight hit it on stage, perfect for our covers of Darkness songs .

I got £250 for it & haven't thought about it since. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    robgilmo said:

Offer £350 for it. You’ll probably be the high bidder.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TheRobLewTheRobLew Frets: 11
    I’ve seen another recently for £300. Slightly more realistic!