EBay content - someone's in for disappointment

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14453
    Both myself and the other guitarist in my old band had one of these ...
    I am old enough to remember these when they were launched. The glitzy finish was certainly different. It made an impression .. that lasted for a few minutes then, wore off.

... mine was silver and his was blue... both featured in this music video from 1997!
    Music video prop was probably the best use for them. Four minutes and you're bored, already.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    I contacted the guy to see why he thought it was worth £1400. He replied:

Hi.

Thank you for your message and offer. I understand the £300 price mark for the basic model but I was advised this one was particularly scarce. The only one I found with the Bigsby style trem sold for £750 in very poor condition in the mid 2000s (year).

Perhaps you could send me some info on the same model that shows the value at £300? I would be grateful for this if you believe it to be of this value and would be happy to talk about selling the guitar to you.

Kind regards

Interesting! So if I can prove it’s worth about £300 I can have it by the sounds of things! I’ve always wanted a sparkly pink guitar and I’m willing to overlook the fact that it’s a Les Paul
    in this case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had one of these as my first Les Paul! Minus the Bigsby... I was always adamant it was purple as opposed to pink!

Purchased for £180 on eBay in the early 2000s. Sold Year before last with some battle scars and a cracked (but functional) nut for £200 to some random dude in Germany via eBay. 
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Simon_M said:
    So if I can prove it’s worth about £300 I can have it by the sounds of things!
    It's worth about £300.

There ya go. Just point him here.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    edited April 2019
    And it’s back!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/192876161875

Starting bid of *only* £599 now folks!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Still about £299 too much for my wallet but let’s see what happens.
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2806
    Both myself and the other guitarist in my old band had one of these, mine was silver and his was blue... both featured in this music video from 1997!
    https://youtu.be/LsZfHAWcD0A
    Forever young Jimmy.  Good song too.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Any Epiphone Les Pauls that I have played/tried out have been decent guitars.  Worth the couple of hundred that they cost.  But £1500 is stretching things a bit, someone ought to send him an email and point out some reality to the guy....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    The seller at least seems honest, if not a little optimistic.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Rocker said:
    someone ought to send him an email and point out some reality to the guy....
    Someone’s already done that ^ ^ ^ ^ 

He can ask whatever he wants for it, doesn’t mean it’ll sell of course. I guess there’s always a chance that someone might be desperate enough for that particular colour to pay more than it’s really worth. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/