Any Orange Rocker 32 users here

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    funhouse said:
    I've tried one and there's no contest with the original Rocker 30 head. The R30 is far superior - more authority and depth thanks, in large part, to its EL34s. Certainly not boxy.
    I don't think the EL34s make that much difference - valve types rarely do - although it's a possible factor. It would certainly be interesting to compare a Rocker 30 with 2xEL34 with one with 4xEL84 though...

The bigger difference is that the Rocker 30 is a simple mono amp - the Rocker 32 is stereo, and is actually two Rocker 15s in the same box really - so it sounds like a Rocker 15 and not like a Rocker 30, especially as it uses 10" speakers and not 12"s. There must also be some extra circuitry since the 32 has an effects loop and the 30 doesn't, which could be another factor.

The Rocker 30 combo does sound a bit middy, but that's because of the V30 speaker. A Creamback G12H-75 would fix that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    Think i may have scored a MK1 rockerverb 50 2x12 - one of my favourite sounding amps ever so fingers crossed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom