I’m getting my first Les Paul TODAY!

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    Nice one !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    Congrats on joining the 2015 club! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I want a Les Paul now.

FML !
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Alnico said:
    I want a Les Paul now.

FML !
    Well then that’s 1-1 for when you made me want that white Strat ;) 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Alnico said:
    I want a Les Paul now.

FML !
    Well then that’s 1-1 for when you made me want that white Strat ;) 
    LOL. 

Yes. 
    I’ll take that. 
  • That is a fantastic looking guitar, congrats! I really like the Seafoam Green:

But there's no way I can justify spending that much money on a guitar at the moment (or probably ever, if I'm honest... unless I win the lottery)

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    edited March 2019 tFB Trader
    thebreeze said:
    Thanks - that’s really interesting.  Now I’m wondering if ‘50’s (and ‘60’s) LP’s weren’t weight relieved, which would make the Traditionals more....traditional?

There is one thing I completely forgot to mention..

None of what I said really applies to the 2015 models..

2015 was the year Gibson went a bit mad.. They decided to totally change the WHOLE of the USA lineup that year. What we got from them was a completely different neck.. Absolutely didn't feel like a Gibson at all. They are much wider and a bit thicker than the usual spec yet they didn't change the string spacing so it left a huge gap between the top and bottom strings and the edge of the fretboard. On top of that there was the auto tuners which they were still working on in 2015 (the ones that came after are quicker and more accurate), then there was the horrid looking Les Paul hologram and the hand signed Les Paul signature which while I understand why they did that did look a bit ugly.

On top of all of that the prices went up by 30% that year for the privilege of having auto tuners. This is why people werent happy as they had no choice that year.. If you wanted a new LP and didn't like the upgrades, tough shit...

In saying all of that. If you don't mind the necks (cos you can easily change the tuners) the 2015 Gibsons were from what I remember some of the best finished Gibsons I had seen in a long time. They have the nice sculpted neck heal and a pretty cool hardcase. And these days you can pick them up cheap cos of all of the negativity towards them. So for the right player they are a really good deal.

And of course this year it all changes again.. No more auto tuners or yearly models (apparently).. So what they sell as a Traditional or Classic this year wont change. So they say.

• WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    That is a stunning guitar.  Lovely colour too.  Enjoy
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    That is a fantastic looking guitar, congrats! I really like the Seafoam Green:

But there's no way I can justify spending that much money on a guitar at the moment (or probably ever, if I'm honest... unless I win the lottery)

Yep the USA range prices are eye watering, but with heavy discounts on end-of-line
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    Veeerry purdy!  <3  Congrats, enjoy & VHNGLPD  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    “And these days you can pick them up cheap cos of all of the negativity towards them. So for the right player they are a really good deal”

This isn’t the case anymore. 2015 Standards are pretty rare on the used market and are now making the same, if not more, than a “normal” standard. Have a look at completed EBay listings for 2015 Standards in original condition, seem to average £1400.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4704
    mort said:
    “And these days you can pick them up cheap cos of all of the negativity towards them. So for the right player they are a really good deal”

This isn’t the case anymore. 2015 Standards are pretty rare on the used market and are now making the same, if not more, than a “normal” standard. Have a look at completed EBay listings for 2015 Standards in original condition, seem to average £1400.
    I was going to say exactly that too.  Search for 2015 on reverb and see what you find.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    mort said:

Ha.. Cheers, didnt know that. The last time I looked they were almost like half price.  But that was a while ago. 
    I’ve got a feeling an unmolested 2015 Standard might be quite collectible in the future. Remember the Zoot Suit SG? Couldn’t give them away and now they go for silly money, if you can find one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I've got a completely standard (even tuners) 2015 junior and love it, love it even more because it cost less than £300 new, thanks Amazon.

I have 2 more transitional Gibson Les Paul standard, I love those too but the junior is my most played guitar by quite a bit.