New Les Paul Special Day and maybe a PSA?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Those wraparound bridges intonate really well!  I prefer them to be honest, I wish there were more options out there for wraparounds.  They lend a real vocal quality to bends and vibrato which I put down to the string not being anchored in a particular place, and not being anchored to a sharp point
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 371
    roberty said:
    Those wraparound bridges intonate really well!  I prefer them to be honest, I wish there were more options out there for wraparounds.  They lend a real vocal quality to bends and vibrato which I put down to the string not being anchored in a particular place, and not being anchored to a sharp point
    Interesting comments. I’ve never owned a wraptail guitar before but this one certainly sounds great both acoustically and electrically, really lively and resonant. I can’t compare it to other Gibson guitars as I haven’t owned one for 39 years(!). Some people say that the wraptail does add something and that became one of the reasons why I honed in on this particular year for Specials and was so delighted to find a new one
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • My 2016 p90 special arrived this afternoon. Very happy with the guitar, especially for £666. I had to drop the pickups and wraparound quite a bit, but that's just down to personal preference I guess. Again, mine had new D'addarios fitted aswell. Really chuffed! 
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 659
    My 2016 p90 special arrived this afternoon. Very happy with the guitar, especially for £666. I had to drop the pickups and wraparound quite a bit, but that's just down to personal preference I guess. Again, mine had new D'addarios fitted aswell. Really chuffed! 
    Post pics!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Amazing. This is such a good deal @JohnnyBGid82 ;
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    edited April 2019
    BRISTOL86 said:
    The Les Paul Standard for 1400 quid looks like a great deal for anyone who's happy with that colour.  
    The blue mist one? I think that colour looks good, looks like a more satin finish?
    Well, there's a video on youtube with a guy playing a U2 song with one, looks less satin-y there, but seems to be one of those colours that varies a lot with the lighting. Decent price though, but I already blew my LP allocated funds last year on a goldtop Classic.  
    Another concern for me would be that Gibson's QC is so erratic (in my experience) that I wouldn't want to have one shipped in from Germany and then have to return it if there were issues, it could all get a bit messy....
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 506
    one on there today at 602 - think its a return
  • I am giving consideration to returning mine. While the broken knobs is a relatively minor issue (though one that I see has been mentioned by someone else in a review on the MusicStore website), the fetboards has some rough patches on the upper register from the 18th fret onwards. The wood is slightly splintered, as if the rosewood was chiseled or sanded incorrectly. From a scan of various other fora, this appears to have been an occasional issue on c. 2015-2017 Gibsons.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    If anyone gets the printed DV247/MS catalogue through the post, it just dropped through the postbox and on the back it has a £10 off £100+ voucher... better than nothing I guess!