Bought back an old guitar of yours?

What's Hot
StevepageStevepage Frets: 3055
Has any one bought back an old guitar? Do you still have it?

My old PRS CE22 has come up on Reverb but at nearly 3 times the amount of what I sold it for. I would've bought it back instantly if I had the money for it. I loved that guitar but unfortunately had to sell.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    I’ve bought more than a few back and if finances allowed I would have bought one back for the second time recently too.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1953
    I'd buy back my Charvel Legacy Star, but only to put it on my wall - It wasn't a practical instrument.

I'm currently considering buying back my G&L Invader, which was very much a practical instrument.
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 845
    I bought a Squier CV Telecaster off a guy via ebay, I thought it was superbly setup. 15-18 months later I sold it on as I couldn't get used to the glossy neck.

Bugger me 2 weeks after selling it he contacted me about buying it back. I felt a bit sad a I'd have loved it to have gone back to him. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I'd buy back my Tele that was stolen from me. No questions asked.
    It wouldn't do me much good since I can no longer play but it would look well on my wall.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3514
    My old strat came up for sale a while ago, if I had the money I would have bought it, lovely thing it was.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I tried to buy one back a few weeks ago out of nostalgia and managed to track down the guy who bought it but he wouldn't sell it back to me because "it's the best playing and sounding guitar I've ever had"

I read his email and thought steady on dude it's a tarted up budget guitar.  It's nice but it's not that nice.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5053
    No but I’d buy back my 1995 PRS Standard 22 if I could. Shouldn’t have sold that one.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7895
    Yup, I just bought back my old Gibson ES195
    beautiful guitar.

https://imgur.com/a/7efoj
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    This one, which I sold to @TimmyO quite a few years ago.
    It turned up on eBay and I bought it back.
    It is currently on extended loan with a friend in Oxford- when we return to the UK I'll get it back.

Warmoth chambered alder body and ebony on maple neck.
    it is really light and resonant.
    Lollar pickups.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12408
    I miss a aquier standard I totally upgraded and repainted all myself. If I saw it for sale I would be sorely tempted but then I sold it for a reason and love its replacement mij strat. 
  • I bought back my raygun relics sg jr TWICE! 
    Unfortunately I sold it 3 times, so don't have it. 

It was a great looking & sounding guitar, but the neck was too thin for me- it gave me cramp in my hand. 
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRCeBcKW0AAC9-e.jpg
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Numerous times... :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Yes -  my first solid bodied electric, a wine red Gibson LP Studio bought new.  It was a thing of beauty. 

However, at first it didn't sound how I'd imagined so did my first pickup change (which was the beginning of my modding and building path) which transformed it.

Sold it in those naive days when I thought I should only have one electric at a time...
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    I wish I could find my black Squier custom ii Telecaster. I crudely sanded a forearm contour on to it and miss it dearly. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    Not quite, but as close as physically possible - I bought an identical Aria RS Standard to replace my original which I modded beyond repair in the 80s/early 90s. It’s so identical I often forget it’s not the same guitar.

It cost me far more than its market value, but I don’t regret it at all - it’s just as good, and this one is not going anywhere or being modded in any irreversible way. (Although it does currently have some very non-original pickups!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7501
    octatonic said:
    This one, which I sold to @TimmyO quite a few years ago.
    It turned up on eBay and I bought it back.
    It is currently on extended loan with a friend in Oxford- when we return to the UK I'll get it back.

Warmoth chambered alder body and ebony on maple neck.
    it is really light and resonant.
    Lollar pickups.

<Cries> 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3228
    Never. I’ve considered it a few times but have always realised that I’ve let a guitar go for a reason and have moved on from that point (whether that be a sound, look or feel). However, I’m aware I’m unusually utilitarian in my approach to guitars when compared to most folk -I just don’t get particularly attached to them.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I sold my MIJ CAR Strat to my girlfriends brother while at university in the late 80s because I needed beer money. I'm still in touch with the feller but he won't sell it back to me. I bought it in 86 in Singapore and sold it in 89/90. I've missed it ever since I got back into playing about 15 years ago. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7348
    Stevepage said:
    Has any one bought back an old guitar? Do you still have it?

My old PRS CE22 has come up on Reverb but at nearly 3 times the amount of what I sold it for. I would've bought it back instantly if I had the money for it. I loved that guitar but unfortunately had to sell.
    Didn't you sell it for about £600? Maybe when its still for sale in a year you can make him a reasonable offer.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5777
    I got my Duesey Caribou back in a trade that saw my CS Gretsch go back to its former owner. 

A very wise move on my part. I adore that Duesey and no matter how my I want to, I just can’t bond with big bodied stuff like an Annie.