A (comparatively) cheap Fender masterbuild?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Mmm the backs not pretty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I have a B-bender on my Nash Tele, but it's a "Handbender" unit and I can take it off any time I like.  The guy who had this mod done obviously took a huge leap of faith that didn't work out for him.  Bummer!

http://handbendersweden.com/?lang=en
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    edited April 2019
    For those of us who are unfamiliar with the B Bender - why was it necessary to rout out so much of the rear?

• idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 473
    That particular one will be like this under the cover (Evans Pull-String as previously mentioned):

A Parsons/White one is a much less invasive route as seen here:

And Clarence White's original was actually built onto the back of the guitar, making it sort of double thickness:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4989
    Trude said:
    I have a B-bender on my Nash Tele, but it's a "Handbender" unit and I can take it off any time I like.  The guy who had this mod done obviously took a huge leap of faith that didn't work out for him.  Bummer!

http://handbendersweden.com/?lang=en
    Is the attachment at the end of the bridge plate screwed to the body?  The website is a bit confusing on this. Looks a neat solution, I would like one on my Squire Tele if fitting it is easy and straightforward. Where can they be bought?  Thanks and apologies for thread hijack. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum