Selling guitars - ebay alternatives?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 818
    As of March this year - the default option is 'good 'til cancelled' - and eBay will not allow you to make a 30 day listing.

I experienced this on Saturday night - listed a few things, and put a reminder in my phone to cancel the listings if they don't sell..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    jaymenon said:
    As of March this year - the default option is 'good 'til cancelled' - and eBay will not allow you to make a 30 day listing.

I experienced this on Saturday night - listed a few things, and put a reminder in my phone to cancel the listings if they don't sell..
    Yeah, the confusing thing is though that “Good Til Cancelled” listings actually “renew” every 30 days, and the higher fees kick in when they do, as you suggest. 
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    Whitecat said:
    jaymenon said:

Yeah, the confusing thing is though that “Good Til Cancelled” listings actually “renew” every 30 days, and the higher fees kick in when they do, as you suggest. 
    All of that's new to me.  The last item I sold I listed 22nd March for 30 days without the automatic relisting option, exactly as I've always done.  I'll watch out for what you're saying when I next list something for sale.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I've had the best success selling on here. EBay was okay and for me gumtree is a waste of time. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.