The Dirt!

What's Hot
PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
edited April 2019 in Guitar
Watched Motley Crues The Dirt last night. Good fun over the top 80’s metal/ Rock with all the usual antics that follow the band around over the years! Worth a watch if your into that scene i was more GNR but still they done some tunes, i learnt Kickstart my heart & Livewire tonight!! Good fun to play!!
Could 80’s Rock see a resurgence?!?
These types of movies are seamingly popular at the min!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There's a discussion about it in OT:
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/150606/the-dirt#latest

FWIW, I thought it was quite good. 
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Watched it yesterday afternoon.

Not a fan of the band or the music, it just passed me by, but the film is brilliant.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Enjoyed it. The 80's were a great time to be alive. I was more G'N'R too but the rock scene was great back then. Girls,Girls,Girls
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    I read the book when it came out, I haven't seen the film.  

There is no way a commercial, mainstream film could show 10% of what is in that book.

If you've read it and I'm wrong please let me know :)

The whole point of the book was the four guys agreeing - all or nothing, no editing, no finessing.  They really achieved that with the book, it is full on.  I'm struggling to believe a film has been made showing the stuff in that book.
  • Im gonna have to read the book now! The films got me hooked on Motley now!! Yeh i can imagine they left alot out & made some shit up but its a good look back at the era & the scene along the strip back then, its a good laugh!
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    clarkefan said:
    There is no way a commercial, mainstream film could show 10% of what is in that book.

If you've read it and I'm wrong please let me know :)
    Having read the book and watched the film I can confirm you’re right - the film is nowhere close to the levels of debauchery in the book.