112.8mph Lucky Poos Needed

What's Hot

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1800
    RiftAmps said:
    the_jaffa said:
    Are you racing again this year? Any updates or car progress?
    Hell yeah, I am!

Managed to put together a pretty awesome calendar with all of the tracks that I wanted to do. The only event that I'm not 100% sure about is Track Attack at Silverstone but we'll see.

After the power steering failure at the Birkett, I've removed the system and now running a depowered rack. Feels fine at low speeds so high speed will be no problem.

Still need to upgrade the brakes to the larger 1.8 discs and pads...I've got them sat here next to me including new front calipers so just a case of installing and bleeding.

I've installed a digital radio system into the car so I can communicate with the pits, it has a 5-mile range so easily covers a race track. The radio license is £75 for 5 years.

Just a corner weight/alignment and new fire suppression system then it is ready to race.
    Excellent, looking forward to hearing about it. Might even try to get to the Donington event
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3173
    tFB Trader
    Silverstone National - 30th April

The first round of the 750MC Roadsports series - The grid is sold out with a full 40-car entry, eight of which are Class D.

I've missed out on a trophy on this layout twice before, so hopefully things will go my way this time.

Prep

I've switched to Yokohama A052 tyres from the Nangkangs, they've proven to be just as fast in the dry but have a much better wet weather rating. If the track is anything other the bone dry, the Nangkangs were tricky whereas the Yokos are incredible.

New fire ext. system fitted to meet the new regs, and I've given the car a nut and bolt check.

Tickets

Spectators are allowed, with full paddock access included - https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/750-motor-club

Live Stream

There is no Live Stream of the race weekend, sorry

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    Slightly late to this all, but as the inventor of the Lucky Poo, I will be dedicating tomorrow's output to your success. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    tFB Trader
    Yes, it took 7 attempts but I finally grabbed a trophy at Silverstone (ok...I did get P3 in the Puma Cup last year but that wasn't my car).

It was a hard-fought race with the orange Puma again, I was running ahead in P2 before the pitstops but a delayed getaway meant I lost 6.9 seconds and spent the rest of the race trying to claw that back. Ended 2.5secs behind at the finish BUT still really happy to get some silverware.

We forgot to start the cameras before the race so only got the post-pitstop footage. I put together a '21 vs '22 fastest lap time comparison so you can see how far the car has come in one year.

Back to Silverstone on 21/5 on the GP circuit for the next race.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3722
    Congratulations!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Good work, matey - I'm looking forward to Oulton Park!

tFB Trader
    Nitefly said:
    Good work, matey - I'm looking forward to Oulton Park!

Cheers bud...I've never raced there and it's been on my bucket list for ages. Can't wait!
    Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    With your new engine, should the thread title be amended to a higher speed?

I've not really contributed to the thread, but it has been interesting reading.
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    With your new engine, should the thread title be amended to a higher speed?

I've not really contributed to the thread, but it has been interesting reading.
    I update it whenever I hit a new top speed...the car will go faster but is limited by the length of the straights (and also what the car is geared for).
    Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

Great stuff, chuffed for you getting a pot
    tFB Trader

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

edited May 2022 tFB Trader
    Silverstone Grand Prix - 21st May

The second round of the BRSCC Clubsport Trophy, supporting the Citroen C1 24hr race - The grid is sold out with a full 61-car entry, ten of which are Class E (135bhp/tonne inc Driver).

This will be my 20th race, and fifth on the GP circuit.

Preparation

I changed the oil filter

Tickets

Spectators are allowed, with full paddock access included - https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/brscc-citroen-c1-24-hour

Live Stream

Race is a 3:40PM

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

tFB Trader
    Oooops, forgot to update the thread!

Clubsport Trophy - Silverstone GP

Qualifying was hectic, only managed one clear lap in the 30-minute session. Managed to set a personal best lap time and qualified P3/10 in class, quite happy with that considering the 61-car field.

I started P2/9 in class after a dropout and got a great start to maintain position coming out of Turn 1. Unfortunately, Maggots and Becketts were crazy with cars spinning everywhere, I just scraped passed the Yellow BMW and made it onto the Hanger Straight where I was squeezed between two recovering cars and pushed into a Fiesta for some light rear wheel damage.

The car felt strange and slow so pitted as soon as the pit window opened and just lucked out with a SC deployment as I left the pits. Managed to gain a lap and join the back of the queue whilst everyone else was held up.

Once everything was sorted out the car started to feel much better and I was chasing down the Yellow BMW for P2 but couldn't quite make that work. Finished P3 in class for another podium and lowered my personal best lap time by nearly 3 seconds.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• BrioBrio Frets: 1863
    Nice one feller!
    tFB Trader
    750MC Roadsports - Croft

The following weekend I headed up to Croft for the second round of the 750MC Roadsports series.
    Unlike the opening round, however, there were only four entries in my class. Unfortunately, two were reserves who didn't make the journey and the other had an engine failure in Friday testing so I was the only Class D car racing.

With a guaranteed P1 finish if I did pass the chequered flag, I decided to make the most of the weekend and have a crack at the lap record, a 1:42.56 previously set the year before by Classic Hot Hatch champion, PIp Hammond. My car is much, much faster than it was this time last year so if I could get close to it, I would be very happy.

Qualifying was uneventful but I knew I was on it as was quite close to some Class C cars. Obviously, being the only Class D car I was on the back row. A last-to-first challenge then ;)

In the race, I managed to hang onto some Class Cs and had a good race with them but after the red flag, I was out there on my own.
    With the tyres up to temp and two beautifully clear lap towards the end of the race, I broke the lap record twice with my best being 1.5seconds faster than any Class D had ever been around that circuit. 

Despite getting my first win and the big trophy, I'm more proud of the lap record because that's a true sign of both performance and my progress.

Next up is another Clubsport&Roadsports double header at Oulton Park and Brands Hatch

Lap Record

Full Race

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2022 tFB Trader
    Oulton Park - 25th June

The third round of the BRSCC Clubsport Trophy - 7 entries including myself in Class E, with a sold-out 38-car grid.
    I've not raced at OP before so really looking forward to this one. Not testing on Friday so will have to learn the track in Qualifying. Love it.

Preparation

Nothing! Just the usual nut and bolt check

Tickets

Spectators are allowed, with full paddock access included - https://oultonpark.msv.com/OP-22-BRSCC-2

Live Stream

No live stream this weekend

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

Oulton is a brilliant circuit. My favourite of all the ones I have driven. Good luck and have fun
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Oulton park is superb on a bike….. although I did a bit of an off at turn 1. Hopefully it’s similar on 4 wheels
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    tFB Trader
    Clubsport Trophy - Oulton Park

Had to learn the track in Qualifying, so was pleasantly surprised with P5/8 after the 25-min session. OP is not only full of elevation changes but VERY bumpy too. Each corner is a real challenge to drive fast.

I'd driven the track on the sim but TBH it's nothing like that in real life, the reference points, the curb heights, and the camber is all different so I was probably better off having zero knowledge of the place. Still, it's a mega circuit.

I had set a lap time goal of 2:10 for Q and I managed a 2:09.54 which I was pleased with but also annoyed to be 1.2 seconds off my friend Jon in his yellow Puma in P3. Clearly, my goal was to beat him then.

The Race - I made a great start to jump up to P2 by the first corner but lost two positions on the exit and then had a brilliant three-way fight with the yellow Puma and the Blue Mini. The two BMW Compacts were 2secs per lap faster than us so completely out of reach. After we both passed the Puma the MIni and I were fighting until the end of the race, where I finished in P3, just 0.9secs behind the Mini. One of the BMWs had a very slow second driver who we both passed in quick succession towards the end of the race.

I have to say I was happy with the result considering it was a new track for me. My podium streak is now up to six on-the-trot with Brands Hatch Indy this weekend for a possible seventh.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Haven't updated this thread in a while, the rest of the season was rather good

Brands Hatch Indy - Qualified on Pole, finished P2 after serving a 20-sec success penalty

Snetterton 300 - Qualified 3rd, finished 2nd after serving a 20-sec success penalty

Silverstone International - Qualified on Pole and finished P2 after serving a 20-sec success penalty

Donington GP - Qualified P4 and finished P4 (was running P2 but spun at the final corner battling two other cars)

Birkett Relay - Finished P46/70 and 1st in our Class so got the big trophy!

Here's the trophy haul for 2022, my best year so far, and proof that I've finally cracked it. Still got things to improve on but more of these next year please.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom