Brilliant! Nice one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    A very good year's work!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3157
    tFB Trader
    2023 Clubsport Trophy - Silverstone GP

First race of 2023 and back to Silverstone for the opening round of Clubsport on the GP circuit. This layout has become very popular with clubs post-pandemic as it a) allows 61-car grids and b) isn't that much more expensive to hire if you run out of the heritage pits and paddock. The F1 Wing adds £20k per day in hire costs!

I hadn't driven the car since my mammoth 3.5-hour stint at the Birkett Relay in October...just parked the car in the garage and forgot about it over winter, albeit with a small amount of tinkering and whatnot.

There was a record 14-car entry in Class E, with some VERY fast drivers on the sheet so I set myself a goal of a top-5 finish. That would be a solid start to the year and a great way to shake off the rust.

The day started cold and slightly wet so we put the damp setup on the car for qualifying and were convinced it was the right way to go but on my out lap I discovered it was completely dry. Sorted that and then put it 6th on the grid with a personal Q record. Quite pleased.

The race was great fun...I ended up in a big fight for P4 in Class, eventually finishing P5 and achieving my target. The slipstreaming, the pit strategy, the rain, this race had it all.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom