The latest Youtube pickup drama (featuring me!)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Apologies for adding to your misery but a quick Google search revealed this. 

https://i.imgur.com/zSu8iEo.jpg

Looks like somebody is trying to **** you over by abusing Google. Wants reporting.

Normal business practice would be a solicitor's letter, politely advising you to cease and desist and threatening litigation. Gelvin's approach seems to be inspired by the bullying tactics of Donald Trump.

I get the impression he's a mad person who lives in a bunker
    Other sources state that Gelvin Guitars ceased trading in 2017 and question his mental health. His ranting YouTube video presentations seem to confirm this assessment. 
    Thanks for that, I noticed earlier today and removed the stupid reviews by the angry mob. I'm assuming Google is taking a little time to catch up on that.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    And yes, he's taken his video down pending a discussion tomorrow.
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    He seems quite unreasonable. Also thick as pig poo.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    I first became aware of the idea of humbuckers with multiple taps ... in Donald Brosnac's book 'Guitar electronics for musicians'. My copy is from 1983, so they definitely existed at or prior to that date!
    I have had a copy of the same title for forty (expletive deleted) years. The Bartolini Beast is older than that. Bartolini cannot be the first designer to have tried something along those lines. There is no shortage of precedents to Gelvin.

In my opinion, Gelvin needs to hire a new lawyer to act against his patent lawyer(s).
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I've a copy too!!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited April 2019
    My daughter is a patent lawyer for a top City firm -  so, if anyone needs one...! 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27066
    It wouldn't be the first time someone has been granted a patent that isn't enforcable. Sadly, most people don't realise a patent is only useful for something genuinely new, and then only for the specific element that makes your new thing unique and useful, and then only in any jurisdiction you choose to register the patent, and *then* only if you're prepared to defend it in court.

I hope it all gets resolved!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Apologies for adding to your misery but a quick Google search revealed this. 

REDACTED

Looks like somebody is trying to **** you over by abusing Google. Wants reporting.

Normal business practice would be a solicitor's letter, politely advising you to cease and desist and threatening litigation. Gelvin's approach seems to be inspired by the bullying tactics of Donald Trump.

I get the impression he's a mad person who lives in a bunker
    Other sources state that Gelvin Guitars ceased trading in 2017 and question his mental health. His ranting YouTube video presentations seem to confirm this assessment. 
    I was just thinking the same. Reminds me of Donald Trump immediately he spoke and his bullying childish tones. What a douche and certainly not a professional way to go about things but that doesn’t seem to stop Trump either :( Maybe it’s becoming acceptable in the US now that trumps in power.

O really hope you guys sort it out. The only winners here will be the lawyers if it goes that far 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Voxman said:
    My daughter is a patent lawyer for a top City firm -  so, if anyone needs one...! 
    I very well may need the services of your good daughter. I have invented a device for use in transportation and see there is no existing patent.

I can't disclose much about it's workings but suffice to say it resembles a round thing. Once I have my patent for my useful invention I will be expecting to license it to all the car manufacturers forthwith. If I can't get a gentleman's agreement from them I will put up a video on youtube and call them out as lower than creepy crawler things.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited April 2019
    I was going to say that this Gelvin guy seems like a total twat, a complete fucking arsehole, with the brains of a fuckwit, the bullying tactics of that cunt Trump and a fucking moron. But it's Easter Monday and I don't like to use profane language, so I won't.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18807
    Philtre said:
    I was going to say that this Gelvin guy seems like a total twat, a complete fucking arsehole, with the brains of a fuckwit, the bullying tactics of that cunt Trump and a fucking moron. But it's Easter Monday and I don't like to use profane language, so I won't.
    You not on the Samaritans phone helpline this week?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    So did you come to a mutually beneficial solution? 
    tFB Trader
    Adam_MD said:
    He revised his opinion on the matter and took his video down. I agreed to do the same provided he made a follow up clearing my name of all the false allegations. That video would be out in 'a few days' over a week ago. 

Can't say I'm surprised he's not holding up his end of the deal.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Alegree said:
    Adam_MD said:
    He revised his opinion on the matter and took his video down. I agreed to do the same provided he made a follow up clearing my name of all the false allegations. That video would be out in 'a few days' over a week ago. 

Well that sucks though I'm not surprised either hopefully it didn't do too much harm to your business. 
    tFB Trader
    Adam_MD said:
    Alegree said:
    Adam_MD said:

Well that sucks though I'm not surprised either hopefully it didn't do too much harm to your business. 
    Ironically it's increased US sales. 
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    @Alegree have a 'wow'.

It's often the way that when someone makes a very negative attack on someone else, it backfires for them. Whilst there will always be a few who support him, many will just quietly ignore him and seek out info about you and your products.

Good luck going forward, you have some good ideas and interesting products. 
  • bignormbignorm Frets: 191
    edited May 2019
    I’m too late to watch any of the videos, but what I’ve seen online this Gelvin chap is a right bell end. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    Not everything about Gelvin is bad. He has had a few good ideas of his own. Unfortunately, the majority of what I can find of his output on t'Interweb is, how you say, derivative.

For example, if you were shown photographs of some Gelvin guitar designs with their headstock logos pixelated out, you would be forgiven for guessing that they were Carvin/Kiesel products. Even the magazine advertisements are reminiscent of Carvin.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.