1978 Fender Twin Reverb w JBLs - pricing?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72410
    The best way of reducing the power is to turn the master volume down. You’ll never play it loud enough that the headroom will be limited by the power stage anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• mal1971mal1971 Frets: 16
    I have a 1980 ultra linear twin reverb with JBLs.  Sounds great.  Mid scooped, bright clean. Doesn’t have the character of a bf twin, slightly more clean and in your face tone.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    That amp is 300-400 overpriced.

It does look in good nick though.

Some hate 135 UL's, but I think they're the only Twin that actually sounds decent at lower levels, esp if you do the voltage selector trick.

Very detailed.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6080
    Gassage said:
    That amp is 300-400 overpriced.

It does look in good nick though.

Some hate 135 UL's, but I think they're the only Twin that actually sounds decent at lower levels, esp if you do the voltage selector trick.

Very detailed.
    This is my conclusion after a bit of research. Fellowship of Acoustic seem to price most of their kit this way, (+30%, weak pound doesn't help). It's unusual to see one in such good condition though, so that has to be worth something. Much as I'd like it I'm passing on this. I had difficulty lifting a Pro Reverb, this one probably feels like its nailed to the floor.