Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New smaller Fractal FM3 announced

What's Hot

Comments

• Is the Ares modelling already on Ax8? and if so does it run into DSP problems?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33849
    According to G66 price will be around 1200-1300 Euro (inc vat).

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6931
    octatonic said:

About £1100 then, that’s not so compelling if you also want the extra footswitch capability of the FC series as well. Dont think any FCs have made it to Europe yet, (been nearly a year!?) but the FM3 deliveries could be months away anyway.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    octatonic said:

About £1100 then, that’s not so compelling if you also want the extra footswitch capability of the FC series as well. Dont think any FCs have made it to Europe yet, (been nearly a year!?) but the FM3 deliveries could be months away anyway.
    The FC's are starting to arrive but the waitlist is long.

It makes sense for me- Axe III in the studio with FC controllers, FM3 on the same pedalboard that gets taken out for gigs/jams/rehearsals etc.

The only thing I need to do is shift the FC controller from the Axe III to the FM3.
    I'm looking forward to this and could end up unloading my FX8 at the same time.
  • octatonic said:

holeeeee sheeeeeat. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    Awaits the flood of cheap AX8’s ;)
    I’ve just agreed to buy an AX8, maybe should have waited  :s
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4208
    I used to have an Fx3, it lasted 3 weeks, actually thought the Fx2 was better tbh, I think I might have room somewhere for an AX8 when they hit £500 ;)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    sweepy said:
    What’s this give you that the ax8 doesn’t?  For me the ax8 format is perfect, I was really hoping for a mini helix in a similar sized box with as many footswitches.
    John_A said:
    sweepy said:
    What’s this give you that the ax8 doesn’t?  For me the ax8 format is perfect, I was really hoping for a mini helix in a similar sized box with as many footswitches.
    People usually want the new Shiny, no matter if it's not massively better
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    edited April 2019
    It does look rather nice. However, I thought that the consensus was that a 3 button modeller and multi fx is not enough?

Don't expect it will be cheap by the time it gets over here either.

I'll probably hold out for the FM6

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    NelsonP said:
    It does look rather nice. However, I thought that the consensus was that a 3 button modeller and multi fx is not enough?

Don't expect it will be cheap by the time it gets over here either.
    Faslink mitigates that though, although it adds to the cost.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1284
    Honestly - I think it's a great little unit.

If you're a player who just needs three sounds per song, you don't need extra pedals - ok more horsepower would be good, but you can run four different amps in a preset (each one in a channel on the single amp block).

Stick a Flint in the loop to offload the reverb which is the big DSP hog and you're good to go.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    For me it will replace a couple of board an give me a lot more flexibility- I’ll use it for bass gigs, acoustic gigs, a mini board for tiny gigs and rehearsals and as part of a bigger board for regular gigs with an fc6. 

Just a shame it’s not already out as I’m toying with grabbing a flyrig for a few dates I have coming where floor space will be very tight.  
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9622
    So, coming in at 1200 - 1300 Euros.... so similar for us I guess...
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    peteri said:

If you're a player who just needs three sounds per song, you don't need extra pedals - ok more horsepower would be good, but you can run four different amps in a preset (each one in a channel on the single amp block).

Stick a Flint in the loop to offload the reverb which is the big DSP hog and you're good to go.

But if you’re a player that needs 6 you’re stuffed without an external controller, the ax8 seems to offer a lot more flexibility while still being pretty compact
    John_A said:
    peteri said:

But if you’re a player that needs 6 you’re stuffed without an external controller, the ax8 seems to offer a lot more flexibility while still being pretty compact
    Sure, but I always find that I need one or two more switches than what the device provides- with Faslink you can expand it quite a lot.

I'd expect Fractal to come up with a replacement device of the AX8/FX8 size at some point.
    There is definitely a market for a Stomp sized unit though- and they don't have anything that size so it makes sense to relate that one now, run out the AX8's until it is time for the new box to land.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I think they are out of ax8

My waiting list place for an ax8 has been changed to a fm3 by g66
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1967

Pretty sure that the press release stated that those currently on AX8 wait list will be switched to the new FM3.

OK, good to know.

I still think an AX8 sized unit will be on the cards at some stage- some people won't want the FM3 due to its small size and will resist adding extra foot controllers.
    Id actually be miffed if my AX8 was swapped for an FM3, I've had thethe  and Fx3 and preferred the Fx2 by some margin tbh