Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New smaller Fractal FM3 announced

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• this thing is the Chinese Democracy of floor modellers by this point
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    I imagine a load of people have shifted from this to the Neural Quad Cortex, especially in light of the delays and farting around Lord Cliff has been doing.... even thought the QC isn't out until later this year, the FM3 still probably won't be released then.

Plus the QC is more powerful and cheaper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4208
    Fractal don’t do themselves any favours to those of us in Europe with their $1999 deal on the Fx3 that was unavailable here 
  • Yep I really fancy giving the Axe 3 a spin but it needs to be used, no way I’m paying the crazy prices from g66.

Fair enough there’s shipping, taxes blah blah blah but the fact is their other competitors are half the price.

I get the feeling it’s a case of “let’s just flog them to our distributors and then who gives a shit”.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    edited January 2020
    Or "America First!"  ?

I've seen a lot of American equipment manufacturers (and not just in this sector) pull up the drawbridge and say yah-boo-sucks to any customer not in the US.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I’m still very happy with the sounds from my ax8 but the fm3 release is a bit of a joke now.   
     I could really do with a smaller pedal and love the fractal sound but I’m toying with just shopping elsewhere.     
     It can’t be far off the point where it would be quicker to scrap the fm3 without whatever problem it clearly has and just start again with a fresh design.     
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    John_P said:
    I’m still very happy with the sounds from my ax8 but the fm3 release is a bit of a joke now.   
     I could really do with a smaller pedal and love the fractal sound but I’m toying with just shopping elsewhere.     
     It can’t be far off the point where it would be quicker to scrap the fm3 without whatever problem it clearly has and just start again with a fresh design.     
    ....with at least 6 buttons
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited January 2020
    mrkb said:
    Still not ready to ship, seems weird that the firmware isn’t ready - they’ve had over 6 months to work on it. I wonder if there’s been a hardware change that’s made earlier firmware work unusable.
    The last working firmware update for the FX8 Mk2 was issued 9 months after it's initial release, and then following two years of promises the product was quietly discontinued without any further updates.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Well they look to be finally shipping - slowly,   G66 apparently will have some ready to ship in a few weeks so nearly there...   

Here's a demo by Cooper Carter, hopefully to followed by more in depth reviews.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6932
    I reckon it will be May/June before we see any in Europe. After the headphone issue (which is very weird!) I think they'll have alot of people in the USA waiting for the main batch which is due in "April", so less available for Europe until later in the year.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Was the FM3 release scripted by Samuel Beckett?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Was the FM3 release scripted by Samuel Beckett?
    Brilliant