Guitar suggestions

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. At the moment I'm thinking of going for either a Gretsch duo jet or a telecaster. I'm also considering a blend of the two and building (or custom ordering) a Cabronita telecaster with a bigsby added.
    My singer has a Duo Jet. Looks nice, but IMO the range is limited and the sound is a bit uninteresting. Maybe that’s his playing. 

When faced with the same search the Telecaster was my choice. I toyed with the 335, and I miss its warmer vibe, but the Telecaster is more flexible.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12383
    edited May 2019
    I have a tele with a filtertron neck and standard tele bridge which is a great mix, the inbetween position is lovely.  It may one day get a bigsby...

https://i.imgur.com/6qR3BCY.jpg
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14284
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. At the moment I'm thinking of going for either a Gretsch duo jet or a telecaster. I'm also considering a blend of the two and building (or custom ordering) a Cabronita telecaster with a bigsby added.
    Both would work and history indicates that thought - For more rock orientated blues, like Moore/Bonamassa, you might find the Gretsch lacking a bit, but fine for more traditional 40-60's blues - The Cabronita is a great guitar IMO - A Custom Shop is probably more than your budget has suggested, plus not many about, but the Mex version is great value - I'd update the p/ups for something better, but the basic chassis is okay
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    Maybe look at a Dusenburg Paloma. I have one, awesome guitar. Caribou is pretty epic too. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Bc Rich Ironbird
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    See the source image
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bwetsbwets Frets: 162
    versatility is in the player, not the instrument.
    Go play everything in your budget and buy the guitar you like playing the most
    This.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    Telecaster or 335 or equivalent
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 246
    A Telecaster was my inital thought.  What guitar do you currently play?