Best stratty guitar under £300?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Adding my own two penn'orth, look at Korean made Fender Lite Ash strats.  Can be had used  comfortably within budget, and a whole lotta guitar for the money.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    If you can find a Squier Wayne's World, the one I had for a while was amazing for the money 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    I'm usually a big proponent of the classic series but I think they've really crept up in price... I think £350 would be a minimum now, and to be honest the stock pickups aren't great (or they didn't use to be at least). The other factor is the vintage radius and frets, which I don't know if the OP would get on with...

Used classic vibe for a good quality middle of the road strat would probably be a good bet
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18815
    JerkMoans said:
    Adding my own two penn'orth, look at Korean made Fender Lite Ash strats.  Can be had used  comfortably within budget, and a whole lotta guitar for the money.
    Those MIK guitars are massively underrated, but where can you find them for comfortably under £300??
    If you can, please let me know.  ;)
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    JerkMoans said:
    Those MIK guitars are massively underrated, but where can you find them for comfortably under £300??
    If you can, please let me know.  ;)
    Good question! Just had a quick look and none immediately up for grabs I concede. I’ve had one strat and one Tele off eBay each under £300 (the Tele was under £200 and was the filthiest guitar I’ve ever had to bleach) and another Tele from Gumtree.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18815
    ^ I know  :/  I foolishly sourced 2 natural Lite Ashes for a friend of mine who is into strats. 
    Then I found that one of them had a lovely V- profile neck that I loved (the other is a modern C).
    Have I found another bargain since? No chance & prices are rising, dammit.
    He's still a mate though  :)
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I bought a MIM Strat in Olympic white for £250 from eBay, it's a great guitar for the money, well worth looking out for one.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • piercelmnopiercelmno Frets: 117
    I paid around £200 for a nicely upgraded Squier Simon Neil (based on the classic vibes). I foolishly nearly sold it without trying it very much when I needed some cash. Now I've got used to it, I prefer it to my Mexical Classic series.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3324
    Go buy the Vela. You might find you don’t need the strat. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    JohnCordy said:
    If you can find a Squier Wayne's World, the one I had for a while was amazing for the money 
    Always wanted a WW squier! 

Yeah, I'd be on the lookout for a squier made in japan silver series. 
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    grungebob said:
    Go buy the Vela. You might find you don’t need the strat. 
    I very much feel you're right, just need to sell the PRS to make that happen...

• JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    gusman2x said:
    JohnCordy said:
    Always wanted a WW squier! 

Yeah, I'd be on the lookout for a squier made in japan silver series. 
    Yeh I shouldn't have sold it really since who needs the £200 or whatever....they're great!