Noel Gallagher Ruins Wayne Rooney's Les Paul

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    edited May 2019
    Everything I've seen and read of Noel Gallagher has given me the impression that he takes himself far too seriously and isn't the sort of person I'd ever want to meet... however, he did come out with one of my favourite quotes about anything, ever - about his brother being so angry, he said 'he's like a man with a fork on a planet of soup' D

mrkb said:
    Rooney doesn’t even play guitar! Just collects signed ones.....?!?
    Funnily enough, since I've had all my guitars visible on wall hangers rather than hidden away in cases I've had several people ask me if I actually play, or just collect them...

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Would be a dick move if it was an actual player wanting the guitar he uses signed but it was a pure shallow present from a materialistic basic-bitch wag to her non-guitar-playing millionaire husband - can't have any sympathy.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    It's the not the worst thing Noel Gallagher has done to a guitar. 

That would be when he picks one and plays 'Do you know what I mean'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109

That would be when he picks one and plays 'Do you know what I mean'
    yeah I do 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited May 2019

In the early days of Oasis, Johnny Marr lent Noel a 1960 burst les paul. I think it's the cherry burst he is using at glastonbury in 94. A few months later he destroyed it by smashing it over someones head in a fight. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968

In the early days of Oasis, Johnny Marr lent Noel a 1959 burst les paul. I think it's the cherry burst he is using at glastonbury in 94. A few months later he destroyed it by smashing it over someones head in a fight. 
    Someone jumped on stage and attacked them I think. The guitar did get broke, and repaired and he still owns it. It was in the Oasis exhibition a few years back. The guitar was a conversion, not a 59.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6840

In the early days of Oasis, Johnny Marr lent Noel a 1959 burst les paul. I think it's the cherry burst he is using at glastonbury in 94. A few months later he destroyed it by smashing it over someones head in a fight. 
    Someone jumped on stage and attacked them I think. The guitar did get broke, and repaired and he still owns it. It was in the Oasis exhibition a few years back. The guitar was a conversion, not a 59.
    Interesting- How dare you turn up with facts during this witch hunt ;)

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just been doing a bit of fact checking myself. The 59 conversion is a different guitar I think. The one that got broken in the fight was a 1960 les paul according to Johnny Marr (and les paul forum members), previously owned by Peter Townsend.

Going to back to original topic, the blue guitar is probably more valuable now than if he had just signed it.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907

In the early days of Oasis, Johnny Marr lent Noel a 1960 burst les paul. I think it's the cherry burst he is using at glastonbury in 94. A few months later he destroyed it by smashing it over someones head in a fight. 
    And that LP was owned by Joe Walsh and then Pete Townshend before Pete gave it to Johnny.

Seem to remember someone jumping on stage once, Liam backed off very sharpish, then started looking like he wanted to have a go once security had got the invader haha!!

Don't remember any guitar swinging in that particular one though...
    tony99 said:

Seem to remember someone jumping on stage once, Liam backed off very sharpish, then started looking like he wanted to have a go once security had got the invader haha!!

Toronto:

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11786
    Wow - I found that just a funny story, couple of ludicrously wealthy guys winding each other up, I'd imagine that even a 300k 59 would be peanuts to Rooney and his Mrs.

Noel put a lot more effort into that (the guitar has been painted properly it seems) than you might expect, its his expensive idea of a "witty rejoinder".

Mind you, as an Oasis/Noel G fan for many years this is pretty mild comparing to some things he has pulled.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    tony99 said:

Toronto:

In that one I think Noel was hurt and continued the gig.
    Wow - I found that just a funny story, couple of ludicrously wealthy guys winding each other up, I'd imagine that even a 300k 59 would be peanuts to Rooney and his Mrs.

Noel put a lot more effort into that (the guitar has been painted properly it seems) than you might expect, its his expensive idea of a "witty rejoinder".

Mind you, as an Oasis/Noel G fan for many years this is pretty mild comparing to some things he has pulled.
    Summarise the best ones briefly for me and I shall determine whether to deem them worthy of their place in the annals of rock history...
    tony99 said:

Summarise the best ones briefly for me and I shall determine whether to deem them worthy of their place in the annals of rock history...
    With Noel it's basically things he has said that cause him trouble...

tony99 said:

With Noel it's basically things he has said that cause him trouble...

he's no Keith Moon I'll say that for him
    tony99 said:
    he's no Keith Moon I'll say that for him
    Well, no, but then nobody is.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3693
    Have to say Noel has gone up (from a low base) in my estimation for that. 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    drofluf said:
    Have to say Noel has gone up (from a low base) in my estimation for that. 
    Never been a fan of his musically, oasis are decent as bland pub music but I love Noel from his part in the old Russell Brand show.

One of the episodes Steven Siegal is a guest and Noel got to give a question to ask him and the questions he gave were who his favourite British blues guitarist and what year is his Les Paul.