Watchmen

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Image result for the rocketeer

Oh my god, I love this movie! I didn't realise anyone else would even know it exists... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    The boys hits amazon prime in a few months. If that’s anything like the graphic novels it’s going to be ace. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24294
    The Incredibles was a perfect film, and the best Fantastic Four film as well.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited May 2019
    Image result for the rocketeer

Oh my god, I love this movie! I didn't realise anyone else would even know it exists... 

I was lucky enough to meet Dave Stevens (the creator of The Rocketeer) at a comic convention in the early 90's.  He was a lovely bloke.  He did me a little sketch of the iconic Rocketeer helmet and we spoke about the film.  He said he was happy with it, but disappointed that it had been not that well received by audiences - or the critics.  I told him I'd loved it and was looking forward to a sequel!  He said that would never happen in his lifetime.  Sadly, he was right...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    Rocketeer was Steven Spielberg I think, great movie. 
    I thought the watchmen movie was ambitious but it didn't really work. One of the best parts of the graphic novel is the second story about the ship. If they can manage to get that in there it could be very cool. It could even be as an Anime section like the Kill Bill o ren backstory

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I thought the watchmen movie was ambitious but it didn't really work. One of the best parts of the graphic novel is the second story about the ship. If they can manage to get that in there it could be very cool. It could even be as an Anime section like the Kill Bill o ren backstory
    Tales of the black freighter was done as an animation to go with the film. I have it somewhere.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    axisus said:

Tales of the black freighter was done as an animation to go with the film. I have it somewhere.

The Rocketeer was definitely directed by Joe Johnston.

Tales Of The Black Freighter was available separately, but some lucky souls have got the Watchmen Ultimate Edition DVD, where the animation is weaved into the movie. I'd like to say I'm one of those people - but I'm not.  :'(
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    axisus said:

The Rocketeer was definitely directed by Joe Johnston.

Tales Of The Black Freighter was available separately, but some lucky souls have got the Watchmen Ultimate Edition DVD, where the animation is weaved into the movie. I'd like to say I'm one of those people - but I'm not.  :'(
    I bought the American 4K release just to get the Ultimate Edition and I still haven't watched it yet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom