Thinline telecaster w/bigsby

What's Hot
kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 225
Hi

I'm looking for a semi-hollow tele style guitar with a bigsby. Humbucker in the neck and normal tele single in the bridge would be ideal but I'm not to specific about this. Any builders out there making these? Is there a Fender model with similar specs?

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    edited May 2019
    Grab a MIM classic thinline or a Fender Japan thinline, they're both great guitars... then add the bigsby?
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Yip, I can do that :)
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    Mark Bailey could make you one. I had a custom guitar made by him last year. I did the spec myself, as I've made guitars under his guidance before, and the guitar was heavily based on the '72 Thinline.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    edited May 2019 tFB Trader
    Funnily enough i have a thinline in mind just to lighten a swamp ash body and i did a p90 thinline with bigsby which i liked, anyway most people like Scott will do that for you

I should've said they were without f holes

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72670
    It’s always puzzled me why Fender haven’t done this as a standard model, especially the ‘69-style thinline. Not only does it look better than almost any other version of a Tele, the slightly airier sound goes perfectly with the extra twang from the Bigsby, and the weight of it stops the guitar being neck-heavy as thinlines often are.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    It’s always puzzled me why Fender haven’t done this as a standard model, especially the ‘69-style thinline. Not only does it look better than almost any other version of a Tele, the slightly airier sound goes perfectly with the extra twang from the Bigsby, and the weight of it stops the guitar being neck-heavy as thinlines often are.
    I’m guessing it’s something they’ll do via the custom shop? Then again, they’ll charge CS money for it too (which seems to be getting extraordinarily expensive these days). 
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 225
    ICBM said:
    I’m guessing it’s something they’ll do via the custom shop? Then again, they’ll charge CS money for it too (which seems to be getting extraordinarily expensive these days). 
    Maybe Gibson's recent revision of their pricing structure may prompt Fender to do the same to keep up with competition, although I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, £3200 for a tele/strat is just mind blowing.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    ICBM said:
    Possibly due to the fragility of the thinny around where you'd fit it?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Maybe Gibson's recent revision of their pricing structure may prompt Fender to do the same to keep up with competition, although I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, £3200 for a tele/strat is just mind blowing.
    Fender pricing for cs is just stratospheric, they're just simple bolt on neck guitars and i don't see where that amount of added value is
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    Fender pricing for cs is just stratospheric, they're just simple bolt on neck guitars and i don't see where that amount of added value is

The fact that they created the product, market and guitar you and others appear to profit from (but appear not respect) might have something to do with it.

Gassage said:

The fact that they created the product, market and guitar you and others appear to profit from (but appear not respect) might have something to do with it.
    i got asked to route the guitar build body and fit it all together, it's an allparts neck, it was interesting enough to do it

Think you need to take this up with just about every mass made guitar manufacturing company not me, last time i checked my bank balance it was fairly bloody empty  =)
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    edited May 2019
    In all fairness Fender does bank on the name the original Fender company made for themselves back in the 50s/60s. Nowadays, they're in fact as much a copy as everyone else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    it still doesn't change the fact that they invented and created what we love.

Well, I think they own the name of a company that created what we love, sure... But that still makes it perfectly valid for anyone to be opinionated about some of their pricing decisions. Which is not to say that they haven't given us nice affordable product lines throughout the years.
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:

So what, ford created the first affordable car, don't see people moaning about other companies who made better or similar cars etc
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    Gassage said:

So what, ford created the first affordable car, don't see people moaning about other companies who made better or similar cars etc
    They didn't create the first car though- Damiler Benz did- and they still command a premium.

tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Gassage said:

They didn't create the first car though- Damiler Benz did- and they still command a premium.
    so do cs apparently  :)

If this is all you're worried about you need another hobby, i couldn't give a shit personally about anything so stop quoting me and my opinions because you don't like them 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    Gassage said:
    Gassage said:

so do cs apparently  :)

If this is all you're worried about you need another hobby, i couldn't give a shit personally about anything so stop quoting me and my opinions because you don't like them 
    It's a discussion forum- if you don't like discussion, leave the forum.

CS doesn't bother me because I don't have any or buy any.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom