Thinline telecaster w/bigsby

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    edited May 2019
    Does that mean other car brands have little respect for Daimler Benz, then? I don't know man, the arguments you're making are not the best... but I think this has been enough discussion for me. You guys sort it out amongst yourselves. I'll go play my guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    It's a discussion forum- if you don't like discussion, leave the forum. 

CS doesn't bother me because I don't have any or buy any.
    I'll let you know how great they are if i ever buy one, now do you want to contribute to a discussion on thinlines 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    Gassage said:

I'll let you know how great they are if i ever buy one, now do you want to contribute to a discussion on thinlines 
    Right, if you think I have been harsh upon you then for that I apologise. My intention was to underline just how important Fender is- not have a go at you personally.

Thinlines- what do you want to know? Here's my all original 1973....a simply amazing guitar....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72674
    Gassage said:

Possibly due to the fragility of the thinny around where you'd fit it?
    No, the thinline body is solid there. The cavities aren't actually that much larger than just the space under the f-hole and a slightly bigger than normal control cavity.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2019 tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Gassage said:

Right, if you think I have been harsh upon you then for that I apologise. My intention was to underline just how important Fender is- not have a go at you personally.

Thinlines- what do you want to know? Here's my all original 1973....a simply amazing guitar....

Well as fenders aren't really my thing i can't comment on them apart from things i do and don't like from a building point of view, i like the look of a thinline and without an f hole is still good for me, i don't really like bolt on necks from an aesthetic and finishing point of view, I'm also more a short scale person

So we get to what I'd do, things like short scale set neck jazzmaster style with a bullet adjuster, maybe filtertrons, who knows i just know i won't be able to buy it even if i had money, I'll see what i fancy doing with my tele body when i get time
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    @Danielsguitars Agree re shortscale- I actually didn't buy a mustang recently purely because it was too nice to play compared to others.

That thinline is astonishing- the old WRHB's are simply amazing pickups.

If you built a thinline do you rout it then put a cap on?

tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    @Danielsguitars Agree re shortscale- I actually didn't buy a mustang recently purely because it was too nice to play compared to others.

That thinline is astonishing- the old WRHB's are simply amazing pickups.

If you built a thinline do you rout it then put a cap on?
    @Gassage yes if i did a full on thinline then I'd cap it so i can chamber it, the weight determines how much I'd do, it's a balance of tone vs weight, no scientific proof i just know what i like

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    @Danielsguitars - I think you're better going down the Filtron route than try with the modern v's of the WRHB- they're not even close to the originals.

tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    @Danielsguitars - I think you're better going down the Filtron route than try with the modern v's of the WRHB- they're not even close to the originals.
    @Gassage I'm not going for anything close to original stuff so it's whatever i fancy trying, filtertrons in a jazz body appeals to me and probably a bigsby, a car thinline type tele is what i have in mind for that body but I'm a long way off anything being done, these are just ideas
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • JadedJaded Frets: 127
    Look into the Jim Adkins Tele. It’s a Gibson scale length, set neck thinline with P90s.

Aesthetically it does look a bit different but the stop tail means you can mount a bigsby on a vibramate pretty easily.